What Are Your Thoughts On the All-New 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Crossover/SUV

Gorehamj

Is it just a short Traverse?    Not my cup of tea, I wish it was based on the light truck, not some FWD thing.   Not a Blazer.   I will keep my Rainier V8 with 210,000 miles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sierra 5.3 said:

Agreed, looks like an equinox. They should have changed it up more and went with the square look, more so of how the silverado is versus the equinox. Also, it's a Blazer, give it the 5.3 option. Not going to be much competition for the Bronco with this as the other option. 

Heck, put the same dual turbo V6 they use in the Cadillacs in this.  That'd be PLENTY of power for it's small size.  420HP and 460 twist.

• Like 1

What a joke ! A truck nameplate with a proud off road heritage turned into a station wagon. Why does GM continue to try and make everything car like. We want trucks...real blazers without rounded everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy didn't need a middle ground between the Equinox and the Traverse, they needed something different from left field (left field for GM anyway). With the Blazer nameplate they had a chance to do something worth while and built a JL Wrangler competitor. If this had been a 2 door, front engine, rear drive based SUV, on a Colorado chassis and had an optional removable roof, they would have hit this out of the park. But in typical GM fashion, as of late, they've taken something that could have been awesome and made it dull. They made another Crossover, Sport Utility wannabe, in a market already saturated with other look-a-like wannabe Sport utilities. 

• Like 1

Made in Mexico you say?  Not for this UAW family  never again  nor will I recommended  to any my friends or foe alike!  After a quick glance of what these workers make no wonder hordes of Mexicans and their families are charging to the southern voters of this country.   General Motors you should be ashamed yourself  with this kind of money these folks have to be living in cardboard boxes!  I also have to agree with Some of the comments here Simply where does this fit in?  Has been mentioned here you have the traverse and the equinox what more could you want.

I like it, my wife loves it. Makes me happy as now she's more likely to want a GM product for her next vehicle.

You are the ONLY person to say something good about the new Blazer; everyone else has completely rejected it because it isn’t like the K5 Blazer. News flash: the crossover is now replacing the typical sedan and Body on Frame SUV! Everyone has forgotten about the Blazer/Jimmy of the 80s to early 2000s, and how small it was.

33 minutes ago, truckofwinandawesome said:

You are the ONLY person to say something good about the new Blazer; everyone else has completely rejected it because it isn’t like the K5 Blazer. News flash: the crossover is now replacing the typical sedan and Body on Frame SUV! Everyone has forgotten about the Blazer/Jimmy of the 80s to early 2000s, and how small it was.

That's the point. Why build yet another crossover. One more added to an already saturated market. Do something out of the modern day box as it were, break the mould and give us something different. Instead they give us a smaller Traverse/ bigger Equinox, woopty ****in doo. 

Is it a nice looking car, sure. Is it needed, likely not. If you Chevy feels the need to add another vehicle to its lineup, why not add to a market they aren't apart of. Instead, they just pump out more of the same under a different name. 

• Like 1

As a former K5 owner, I do think this is kind of a shame for the nameplate, although I do like the long face Camaro-like front styling and overall size. If I was in the market for a small crossover this would be it. In the absence of keeping with tradition for the Blazer name they should offer an LS4 variant LT based engine, even with the 355hp 5.3L, would be a nice little daily stomper.

For those of you asking for a new rugged 2 door SUV from the days of old, you have to understand there simply isn't a market for it anymore. People want to carry lots of passengers and/or lots of cargo, not less of both. Manufacturers don't cater to the .0004% of the population that would love to have a 2 door SUV with awesome offroad capability. Take the Wrangler for example. The 4 door variant far outsells the traditional 2 door.

• Like 2