Zane

Like it or Love it? 2019 Chevy Blazer  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You said it.  BAD use of a badge that was once loved, in a vain attempt to generate some attention for yet another cookie-cutter unibody CUV.    

Had hopes for the new Blazer to be a worthy competitor to the new Ford Bronco and new Jeep Wrangler. 

But we went from big, tough, square, body-on-frame, deep off road capable, V8 engined SUV to what amounts to a jacked-up station wagon (Chevy Outback, anyone?) for the soccer moms and soy boys to drive to the mall.

:puke:

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 4

Not a surprise that it's a crossover. The rumors were pretty clear from the beginning that the Blazer was coming back as a crossover. It's pretty obvious GM is playing it smart and learning from the past. Some manufacturers are moving back to their old ways, relying on trucks and SUV's while killing off most of their cars. That was the same business plan that nearly bankrupted GM, Ford, and Chrysler a decade ago.

We don't even know what the 2020 Bronco is going to be. It's doubtful it will have a solid front axle, so it'll never be on the same level as the Jeep Wrangler. If it comes with IWE's, the system will suck just like it has the last few years on the F-150. It'll probably have the same 2.3 Ecoboost I4 that Ford is using on the 2019 Ranger. The stripped down base model Bronco will start in the high $30k to low $40k range, and it'll be missing just enough of the features that come standard on many vehicles, that you're forced to spend mid-$40k for a Bronco worth buying. Just like the Raptor starts at around $55k but you only get a single zone AC and tiny 5" touchscreen. Ford will want $4k-5k to get the better screen and dual zone AC. CEO Jim Hackett has made it clear that he wants to cut down the number of options and possible configurations to save money, as well as "cut costs out of their vehicles".

Personally I think the new Blazer looks good for what it is. My girlfriend regrets buying a 2018 Equinox now that she's seen the new Blazer, even though she loves the 'nox so far. I think the interior looks great and the outside looks a lot more interesting. It will definitely stand out from the crowd and the crossover market needs that these days. I just wonder what the pricing will be...

• Like 2

I love the exterior but the interior is a little mundane. Looks to Camaroish for the type of people you are trying to attract. The SUV is a tough market right now.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:19 PM, SarahsGMC said:

it looks cool but its not a blazer. I absolutely hate all the new designs coming out.

They were doing alright until they showed the Camaro. That's when it was pretty obvious the designers are actually blind. I'm in the minority that think the 2019 trucks are an improvement over the 2016-18 Silverado and Sierra. Especially the over styled Silverado with lazily designed LED running lights. At least the controversial looks should help resale value of older models LOL.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

To me maybe they should have went retro like Ford did or might be doing with the Bronco!   If you are going to bring back a name at least attempt it to look similar to what it once was.

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 5

That's what im saying, why keep using the same platforms repeatedly.. if youre going to remake a classic make it look like it so those of us that appreciate them can snatch em up.

This really bothers me

Big-10-3.jpg

• Like 6

I was praying and hoping it was going to be built on the Colorado platform at very least, if not a shortened T1XX Platform. A full frame mid size SUV just doesn't exist anymore and it should. The name Blazer is synonymous with off road driving. The new Blazer is about as far from an off road vehicle as you can get. 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, SarahsGMC said:

it looks cool but its not a blazer. I absolutely hate all the new designs coming out.

I totally agree with Sara! How many SUV's does Chevy need? I would have preferred a full-size rugged 4x4 suv if you like, but something unique just as the first Blazer was when it came out in the late 60's. I was around in those days and it was seen as completion to the Ford Bronco. 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, SarahsGMC said:

That's what im saying, why keep using the same platforms repeatedly.. if youre going to remake a classic make it look like it so those of us that appreciate them can snatch em up.

This really bothers me

Big-10-3.jpg

That truck has you written all over it Sara! 

You bring back a muscle car, all you have to do is make it fast and make it look good.  So there has been a lot of success at doing so, the Mustang, Camaro, and Mopars are great and really evoke the original. 

But realistically, there is only one solid front axle SUV out there, the Wrangler, and the rest of the modern SUV's are just pale imitations.  You can't throw a unibody chassis and a bunch of CV axles on something with a Blazer nameplate and pretend like it is anything like an old K5.  I can't see myself having any interest in something like this, I would get a Wrangler instead.  Yeah, FCA makes junk, but at least the Wrangler is authentic junk.  This thing is just a glorified Honda Pilot.  

• Like 3

Ahh, a city boy 4x4. The only off roading this thing will see is when they back over the neighbor's flowers on their way to the high-rise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4