Zane

Like it or Love it? 2019 Chevy Blazer  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, i82much said:

You bring back a muscle car, all you have to do is make it fast and make it look good.  So there has been a lot of success at doing so, the Mustang, Camaro, and Mopars are great and really evoke the original. 

But realistically, there is only one solid front axle SUV out there, the Wrangler, and the rest of the modern SUV's are just pale imitations.  You can't throw a unibody chassis and a bunch of CV axles on something with a Blazer nameplate and pretend like it is anything like an old K5.  I can't see myself having any interest in something like this, I would get a Wrangler instead.  Yeah, FCA makes junk, but at least the Wrangler is authentic junk.  This thing is just a glorified Honda Pilot.  

Which is why the next Bronco is going to be a watered down cash grab. It'll have a weak IFS, complete with plastic IWE-based 4WD and a detuned powertrain to move it.  No V8. No solid front axle. And it'll be priced like a Range Rover.

Want an offroading SUV? Buy a Wrangler Unlimited. It'll be more reliable than a Ford powertrain anyways.

Chevy had a chance to build something awesome to compete directly against the 2019 Ford Bronco and decided to play it safe. Hell, they ran away with their tails between their legs on this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 3:23 PM, MaverickZ71 said:

BAD use of a badge that was once loved, in a vain attempt to generate some attention for yet another cookie-cutter unibody CUV.    

Yup.. looks like every other Toyota, KIA, Hyundai, Nissan, CUV out there. Nothing special whatsoever.

:puke:

That's today's GM for ya. I live in America, and GM is known as an "American" brand ... yet, my Silverado was made in Canada, with parts made in Mexico, Malaysia, Thailand, and China.

There's more American content in a Toyota, Honda, or Hyundai these days ... :noway:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Is that a Pilot?   :loser:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

New cookie-cutter SUV is not a bad idea, calling it a blazer is stupid. This is just as bad as when chevrolet re-badged the S10 as just blazer and the blazer became the 2dr tahoe.

If the blazer came back, it should be true to the original platform.

2dr

short wheel base

4lo transfer case

(fingers cross) solid front axle and removable top.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks to me like it's based on the Cadillac XT5 platform.

Lets face it, there's not a big enough market to build a solid axle 4x4 blazer unfortunately. I think it looks ok and I'll definitely look at one when we trade the wife's Cadillac SRX in in a couple years as I'm sure it will be a cheaper option than the XT5.

Are any of you actually wanting to spend 30k plus on a vehicle that will rarely leave the pavement just because it has a solid axle?  

• 3 weeks later...