6.2 LTS Motor worth the $$$$$$

14 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

GM’s 6.2 has been for many years the most powerful full size truck able to tow and carry more than all competitors and its only been recently that the competitors started coming out with competitive trucks. You’re going to be paying much more for a ford or dodge with that kinda power only cause ford only offers it in their raptor or Shelby and dodge the same thing, their new TRX performance truck but the key is towing capabilities too and not just speed and off-road capabilities. I’ve owned a huge amount of high dollar trucks and SUV’s, GM’s 6.2 is by far, today, best bang for your buck. Go get yourself one and you’ll never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new Raptor has that damn 3.5L turbo 6 in it, even it's not an 8 anymore.  Meh.

I did take a gander at the Fords when I was looking just to see if they had some kind of smoking deal, but nope.  Even their "on sale" vehicles are too pricey for what you get, and their v-8 is still only that little 5.0 liter.

20 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

GM’s 6.2 has been for many years the most powerful full size truck able to tow and carry more than all competitors and its only been recently that the competitors started coming out with competitive trucks. You’re going to be paying much more for a ford or dodge with that kinda power only cause ford only offers it in their raptor or Shelby and dodge the same thing, their new TRX performance truck but the key is towing capabilities too and not just speed and off-road capabilities. I’ve owned a huge amount of high dollar trucks and SUV’s, GM’s 6.2 is by far, today, best bang for your buck. Go get yourself one and you’ll never look back.

A 35K Ford with a tiny 2.7 can match the 6.2 to 60mph you realize that right

The new Raptor has that damn 3.5L turbo 6 in it, even it's not an 8 anymore.  Meh.

I did take a gander at the Fords when I was looking just to see if they had some kind of smoking deal, but nope.  Even their "on sale" vehicles are too pricey for what you get, and their v-8 is still only that little 5.0 liter.

Exactly, you could get the coyote 5.0 412 HP and only 390 torque but even that’s more expensive than the GM 6.2 430 HP and 460 torque

A 35K Ford with a tiny 2.7 can match the 6.2 to 60mph you realize that right

Nope, last ford that raced me got demoted from that. Besides, been there, done that. They’re a dime a dozen and drive like one too. My neighbor has one of those platinums, complains of bad mpg’s and so so so much more. An aspirated motor blows away any little turbo in high elevations, did you know that?

I’m not cheap by any stretch and I’m a HP junky. In my case in 2013 when I bought my 14 Texas Edition GMC 5.3 with E-85 option, The 40HP jump to 6.2 wasn’t worth the price difference. And only being able to use premium gas didn’t set well with me. Anyone who’s driven the 5.3 on E-85 can’t believe the difference. I’m a shopper too, I only paid 27K for a 40K truck.

6 hours ago, goose hunter said:

Hi guys and girls,

I'm lining up to order a 19' and a few of my friends have a 6.2 and say they are great on gas and lot's of power.....just wanted a unbiased opinion from folks and this site. What's your take and input on the 6.2...here in Canada they're 4000$ more.

Thanks for reading...

GH

This is definitely a personal decision.  I would rather have an upgraded trim level with the base engine than a base truck with an upgraded engine.  If you can afford a higher trim level with an upgraded engine size then get it all!   

• Like 1

I’m not cheap by any stretch and I’m a HP junky. In my case in 2013 when I bought my 14 Texas Edition GMC 5.3 with E-85 option, The 40HP jump to 6.2 wasn’t worth the price difference. And only being able to use premium gas didn’t set well with me. Anyone who’s driven the 5.3 on E-85 can’t believe the difference. I’m a shopper too, I only paid 27K for a 40K truck.

Yes you are! Kidding, you’ve got to own one to know one brother. Be safe and God Bless!

Yes you are! Kidding, you’ve got to own one to know one brother. Be safe and God Bless!

I’ve drove plenty, my dealer had 13 left over Denali’s. Funny thing is most if not all 6.2s on dealers lots have reg gas in them. That seriously detunes the 6.2 for KR. My salesman was driving a 5.3 on corn E-85. So the difference negligible. I don’t expect anyone who’s paid the premium for the 6.2 to do anything but pound their chest. It’s the people that done the research and bought the E-85 5.3s who are saying really you paid what for 40 HP.

I’ve drove plenty, my dealer had 13 left over Denali’s. Funny thing is most if not all 6.2s on dealers lots have reg gas in them. That seriously detunes the 6.2 for KR. My salesman was driving a 5.3 on corn E-85. So the difference negligible. I don’t expect anyone who’s paid the premium for the 6.2 to do anything but pound their chest. It’s the people that done the research and bought the E-85 5.3s who are saying really you paid what for 40 HP.

Well I had a 2014 5.3, added E85 and crap performance compared to my 6.2. Besides, you once told me you’re done buying new trucks and said your sticking to your old green machine, guess for this forums sake you went out and tested that bad boy 6.2 and it’s fuel octane. I’m not pounding my chest, no need to cause it’s bad ass and I’ve never ever heard a salesman try and sell me a 6.2, it’s not for every joe out there. You’ve got Trolls on a GM truck sight bringing up how ford eco boosts are better especially since they cost much less and yet they don’t even own one of those vehicles at that cheap price which should immediately prove cheap, envious and Trolling, it is what it is. GM 6.2 is well worth the price and always critics out there that eyeball something they can’t afford so they either cheapen a great motor with tons of awards or do it cause they can’t afford it and makes them feel more of a man/sheman/woman by cutting it down.

I paid for that extra 40HP and torque because ain't nobody anywhere near here sells E85.  And while your at it, tell us what kind of mileage your getting on that stuff?

I'm not John Force, but I've spent many dollars and hours hotrodding and drag racing back in the day.  Alcohol has less BTU's per equal volume than gas, so to get that extra 25HP out of that 5.3, your dumping a lot more of it in (if you can find it in your area) and your mileage sucks.  Yeah, I get it, nobody buys a truck if they're concerned about mileage, but with fuel prices today, no reason to intentionally buy and run something that makes it worse.

Then again, when it comes to sell or trade time, I'll look at your 5.3 and say "you only got how much for it?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Nope, last ford that raced me got demoted from that. Besides, been there, done that. They’re a dime a dozen and drive like one too. My neighbor has one of those platinums, complains of bad mpg’s and so so so much more. An aspirated motor blows away any little turbo in high elevations, did you know that?

I think you got that the other way around. Naturally aspirated motors will take more of a performance hit at higher altitues than forced induction.

When I was making my purchasing decision I had two of the same Centennial edition trucks at different dealers. Same price, but one with the 5.3 and the other with the 6.2L. The 5.3 had a sunroof and parking sensors to make up for the difference in price. I'm so glad I choose the 6.2L. 

Edited by ChristopherDB

Well I had a 2014 5.3, added E85 and crap performance compared to my 6.2. Besides, you once told me you’re done buying new trucks and said your sticking to your old green machine, guess for this forums sake you went out and tested that bad boy 6.2 and it’s fuel octane. I’m not pounding my chest, no need to cause it’s bad ass and I’ve never ever heard a salesman try and sell me a 6.2, it’s not for every joe out there. You’ve got Trolls on a GM truck sight bringing up how ford eco boosts are better especially since they cost much less and yet they don’t even own one of those vehicles at that cheap price which should immediately prove cheap, envious and Trolling, it is what it is. GM 6.2 is well worth the price and always critics out there that eyeball something they can’t afford so they either cheapen a great motor with tons of awards or do it cause they can’t afford it and makes them feel more of a man/sheman/woman by cutting it down.

WOW touchy. I was replying to the OP with my opinion. Me being a thrifty person made it possible to retire at 58. So I show people alternatives. I have a fast truck it cost me 7500$ eight years ago. The difference between reasonable truck with the 5.3 or one with a 6.2. If I want a fast premium people hauler that gets great gas mileage I drive this. I got a good deal on this 7 years ago. It still has bumper to bumper warranty.1b5bd37d20cc689c55ad7303080a16ec.jpg

I paid for that extra 40HP and torque because ain't nobody anywhere near here sells E85.  And while your at it, tell us what kind of mileage your getting on that stuff?

I'm not John Force, but I've spent many dollars and hours hotrodding and drag racing back in the day.  Alcohol has less BTU's per equal volume than gas, so to get that extra 25HP out of that 5.3, your dumping a lot more of it in (if you can find it in your area) and your mileage sucks.  Yeah, I get it, nobody buys a truck if they're concerned about mileage, but with fuel prices today, no reason to intentionally buy and run something that makes it worse.

Then again, when it comes to sell or trade time, I'll look at your 5.3 and say "you only got how much for it?"

I looooove my 6.2 ?

• Like 2

WOW touchy. I was replying to the OP with my opinion. Me being a thrifty person made it possible to retire at 58. So I show people alternatives. I have a fast truck it cost me 7500$ eight years ago. The difference between reasonable truck with the 5.3 or one with a 6.2. If I want a fast premium people hauler that gets great gas mileage I drive this. I got a good deal on this 7 years ago. It still has bumper to bumper warranty.1b5bd37d20cc689c55ad7303080a16ec.jpg

Just stating a fact, I’m semi retired, never worked for anyone, not a thrifty person cause I enjoy my life and have no need for the obsolete. One thing is for certain, I don’t jump into conversations without having personal experience reviewing and yet sometimes I find it’s just not worth it especially when you’ve got people that just no matter what naturally like to argue and disagree. Cute car, yeah, you can squeeze everyone in there and save your money on gas. My neighbor has that same older Xfinity/Nissan sedan and uses it as an everyday beater back and forth to the airport, he’s a pilot.

Just stating a fact, I’m semi retired, never worked for anyone, not a thrifty person cause I enjoy my life and have no need for the obsolete. One thing is for certain, I don’t jump into conversations without having personal experience reviewing and yet sometimes I find it’s just not worth it especially when you’ve got people that just no matter what naturally like to argue and disagree. Cute car, yeah, you can squeeze everyone in there and save your money on gas. My neighbor has that same older Xfinity/Nissan sedan and uses it as an everyday beater back and forth to the airport, he’s a pilot.

You really are something. That’s neither car you mentioned. Any farther conversion with is just a waste of time.