SVC 4WD coming on intermittantly

59 minutes ago, T_ClarkEx39 said:

nope.  As a matter of fact, it went back to the dealer just 2 weeks ago for the same thing.  At least i got 6000 miles between the last time it happened and this time.  The one thing about it happening this time tho (service 4wd and stabilitrac as well as cruise control not working), is that THIS time, it came on everytime i cranked up the truck.  I could "dismiss" it, turn off the truck, turn it back on and it popped up again.  I "thought" this was a good thing, because my dealer told me the same thing yours did, it needed to be happening constantly for them to see the code actually appear in order to figure out the problem.  Well, AGAIN, they cant figure it out.  They cleared the codes, pulled apart the connector that supposedly controls that system, coated it with die-electric grease thinking it may be getting wet and sent me on my way.   Again, this was time number SIX for the same problem.

That day, i contacted GM's lemon law division.  They agreed that something was indeed wrong and asked me exactly what "I" wanted them to do.  I told them this and in this order: 

1.  FIX MY TRUCK.  I have no desire to go through the pain in the ass process of lemon law procedure, and if they could come up with a DEFINITIVE reason as to why this was happening and a DEFINITIVE fix for the problem, then i just want it fixed and be on my way.

2.  Replace my truck with the EXACT same truck except a 2018 model.  I bought this truck brand new with a full warranty and i would expect to get nothing less as a replacement.

3.  Full refund of everything i paid for this truck (extended warranty, plus my trade in vehicle money) so i can go find my own new truck.

Since #1 is my first choice, and the problem has been attempted but no resolution from the SAME dealer (which has been in business for over 40 years and is one of the better chevy dealerships in ATL) six times, they asked that when this problem happens again, that i take it to another dealership for a "second opinion".  I agreed to that, with the caveat that they only get ONE SHOT at finding and fixing the problem.  If the 2nd dealership cant figure it out, then i at least have the lemon law process started and we can go from there.

As i said before, i love this truck.  other than the crap fuel economy of the 6.0, its a fantastic vehicle, nicest truck ive ever owned and there wasnt another one like it within a 500 mile radius of me when i purchased it.  Its just hard to find a 2500 "GAS" truck that isnt a fleet or "work" truck.  This is an LT model and has MOST of the options an LTZ does minus a few items that i really didnt care to pay the big $$$ for extra.  If it wasnt for this little nuisance bug, i would say this is the most dependable truck ive ever owned.  Hell, From the day i left the dealership, it was 14 months before this happened, and it was the FIRST thing and only thing that i can complain about.  There has been zero times back for warranty work till this.  

VERY frustrating 

Mine is a 2015 duramax diesel and I've got nearly 89k problem free miles on it, never had an issue before with the truck or the dealer. Had it at the dealer they went all over the 4WD system and couldnt find anything physically wrong. Please keep me in the loop if you make any discoveries, this is beyond frustrating especially with the winter weather I've been dealing with this week. 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:27 PM, ickyoldman said:

I just had this happen on my 2016 2500hd.  It's a bad 4wd module where the wires enter the module.  Replaced module and everything is fine now.  It's now a fairly well known fix for dealers I am told.

They've replaced the module and the harness, still happening. 

I took mine back to the dealer while the light was on. They said code suggested a "communication error" they kept it overnight called next morning with their diagnosis of the transfer case actuator being my issue. They are replacing it today, parts and labor $445...hopefully this does the trick.