1985 Silverado K20 - Can't identify this electrical connector

Greetings all.  Having so trouble identifying what this connector goes to.  Purchased the truck and it was all tore apart now I'm just trying to get it all back together.  Anyone have an idea what this connector goes to?  One wire is hot with the key on.

IMG_20180624_143004616.jpg

Wild guess here, but I take it this vehicle didn't have the factory radio with it, wiring to the left of the factory connector looks like a PO had installed an aftermarket radio unit.  I see what looks like duct tape rather than electrical tape covering some of the splices, ackk!  I had an 84 K20 HD camper special before my son shipped it off to Kodiak Island. Only time I got into dash wiring with it was to replace the toggle switch for the saddle tanks and that was only a 2 wire connector. Again a wild guess, but I'm going to guess a factory connector for a stock radio, pink wire hot, black ground, 2 different green shaded wires would be speaker wires, if not that, perhaps for the HVAC head unit, should be easy enough to check that out, but it looks like it has wires going to it.

Yes, they really butchered the wiring with the aftermarket stereo.  It looks like they tapped into the factory harness but the connector I'm wondering looks odd.  I'm far from a pro mat identifying these leads however.  The HVAC has a separate connector.  I suppose you may be right, this may simply be the power side connector.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...