How much have you paid for full paint correction and coatings

Well then your statement is not correct.  You said ONLY professional use products are “9H”

From Adams website.

• Ceramic coating at 9H hardness rating
  • Durable, long lasting paint protection
  • Hydrophobic properties repel water
  • Outstanding gloss and depth
  • Made in USA.png

This is definitely sold to the public. I have not looked around, but I think 9H is becoming more common.

Edited by rrmccabe

12 hours ago, CYbanana said:

New to coating, I used to do clay bar polished once every other year and wax twice a year. Can coating be done easily at home? I would love Ke to save some money if it’s not too difficult. Plus it’s also enjoyable to detail your own car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wax usually only lasts 2-4 weeks. Paint sealant 4-6 months and a ceramic sealant is advertised for 2-5 years. Check out cquartz. Budget friendly and seems to have good results. I have some cquartz uk, but haven’t had the time for a 8-12hr detail on my own vehicle. Lol. 

Wax usually only lasts 2-4 weeks. Paint sealant 4-6 months and a ceramic sealant is advertised for 2-5 years. Check out cquartz. Budget friendly and seems to have good results. I have some cquartz uk, but haven’t had the time for a 8-12hr detail on my own vehicle. Lol. 

Thanks for the information. I will give cquartz a try. Is cquartz uk better for colder region? I live in Michigan, curing temp is not an issue since it’s summer now but will I have any benefit in winter after applying?

10 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Incorrect about waxes, plenty of good waxes last 6 months.

Some guy tried about 50 different kinds on a bus and taped off all these specific sections. There were several nice waxes still protecting the paint after 6 months. There were several that failed after  30 days too.

I have a ton of adams products and waxes. None will last 6 months. I’ve used many and different types also. While it may have some slight hydrophobic properties at 6 months, there’s no real protection at that time. 

20 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

I have a ton of adams products and waxes. None will last 6 months. I’ve used many and different types also. While it may have some slight hydrophobic properties at 6 months, there’s no real protection at that time. 

Ah

so this test is full of it?

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/what-really-is-the-best-wax-for-your-motorhome.111932/

that was 9 years ago too, I’m sure they’ve gotten better since then

Edited by truckguy82

1 hour ago, truckguy82 said:

Incorrect about waxes, plenty of good waxes last 6 months.

Some guy tried about 50 different kinds on a bus and taped off all these specific sections. There were several nice waxes still protecting the paint after 6 months. There were several that failed after  30 days too.

I disagree.  Ive tried and have so many waxes.   And after a few weeks its gone. Ive moved on to sealants.  They last longer     but its still not several months

43 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Same. i have some adams, chemical guys, nicks, nattys blue, ect ect. Best one ive came across was nattys blue     but sealant is the same price and lasts a bit longer

I don’t care what a test in the UK from 9years ago says. I detail cars as a side gig and have been doing it for years. I know what works and what doesn’t for me.  That’s just the average lifespan for wax. Will some last longer than others, sure, but some won’t last as long. Will the car be garage kept or out in the sun?  Too many factors to give an exact time frame for the wax. Lol. 

I prefer my $40 Blackfire wet diamond paint sealant over my $100 Americana wax. Wax gives the paint more depth and shine, while a sealant adds durability and longer protection. 

Ah to be young. I was anal about waxing and detailing when I was young. I get done and didn’t want to drive my ride. The next day that first layer of dust render everything equal. Now 20$ a month blue wave unlimited, if I really feel enthusiastic spray wax. One day later everything back to equal. Two days later back to blue wave. All those wasted hours of my younger days.