Open country a/t on stock 20 in rims

53 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Yes, just search. Tons of info out there covering that if you would look around.

very helpful response, Tyler.

The search feature on this forum leaves much to be desired. Try searching from google and adding "gm-trucks.com" to the query.

Here's a few results:

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 5:28 PM, Chevycustom said:

Anyone replace their stock tires on their 20 in rims with wider tires? And if so how much wider and pics? Thx

As previously mentioned, there is a lot of reading on this forum on this particular topic.  I read most of it and bought new tires at stock size.  Your truck came with 275/55/20 tires which is a very big tire and wheel.  An AT tire of this size will get  you to your destination unless you do extreme off-roading.  Going to a slightly wider tire like 285 won't be an issue but do your research before buying. significantly larger tires. You will be paying a price for looks in initial cost and future mpg.  This is not a bad thing and we all love the look!  Just do your homework.  I get compliments on my truck regularly.  I think the fact that it looks bone-stock has a special appeal!

• Thanks 1

Nice yeah I traded my Custom with chrome 20s in for a 18 Z71 which came with 18s. Picked up some black 20s that came off a midnight black edition. Tires are good for at least another 15000 miles or so but that’s the reason I wanted to replace em and see my options. Thx y’all 

Very nice!. looks great, if I had a choice again now, I would go with the 285/55/20 for appearance and performance, I would have to totally agree with Lgetz you will sacrifice performance with taller tires, there is also something to said about the stock look with a few tweaks, nice looking trucks both of you.