Elon Musk Needs Your Help Designing His Pickup Truck

Gorehamj

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
6-26-2018

Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, Inc. reached out to the EVangelists of Earth today and asked for help designing the new pickup truck he has in mind.

musk truck quote.png

Setting aside the fact that Musk has been “sleeping on the Gigafactory floor” while trying to sort out SNAFUS with the $55K to $84K Model 3 compact sedan, and that Musk also has a new Roadster, Semi, and possibly a crossover ahead of the pickup, what would your wish list include? One fan suggested “Retractable steps to aid enter and exit. Also, something to help with unloading the bed would be cool.”

Folding solar panels for charging "in the boonies" is another common theme. No need to ask for twist, Musk has that covered and says, "The Tesla Truck will have dual motor all-wheel drive w crazy torque & a suspension that dynamically adjusts for load. Those will be standard."

What would you ask for in an electric truck with a price of roughly $95K to $175K?

He dreams Big no doubt on electric vehicles but he also dreams BIG on price lol. For me and that kind of cake is not so much whats in it but rather from the ground up and part of vehicle parts should be nothing but Top of the Mark quality . And then again I would have to think long and hard on them pipe dream prices 

• Like 1

If the semi is going to have a base price of $200k the pickup priced at $175k better have every single bell and whistle known to man as well as some that aren't.  I hope the pickup happens and is successful.  The pickup would most likely be a half ton, but I would love if someone would give the "big 3" a swift kick in the rear in the 2500/3500 market.

Ummm....How about a Tractor Trailer with the drivers position on Left hand side?  Retarded maybe get a Actual "retired" Semi Driver with 40yrs experience before building something with glaring oversights?  Ummm, how about the 35,000 model "3" it's now 80K?  Really, how about the excessive repairs being hidden from media?  Really, look I took the 1000.00 deposit which I would never give to this guy because well "Auto's" are business for somebody else and made 5X money......Please somebody get this clown to work on Space shuttles and what have you......

Elon, can you get me a comparable 2500 HD truck to operate from 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM in 115f heat never stopping or turning off?  Also, it needs to have ICE COLD air and be driven 100 miles each way?  I know I am asking a lot but you can build a truck for the people who use trucks.......can I put a 1000.00 deposit on it too?  I am so excited for it! 

How about you just build the ****ing Model 3 that you accepted hundreds of thousands of downpayments on?  What about this new vapor-ware roadster you are accepting down payments on that is never going to happen.

This broke joke is just looking for more money, trying to borrow from Peter to pay Paul.

• Thanks 1

Arent. 

On 2018-06-27 at 7:07 AM, Chevyguy85 said:

If the semi is going to have a base price of $200k the pickup priced at $175k better have every single bell and whistle known to man as well as some that aren't.  I hope the pickup happens and is successful.  The pickup would most likely be a half ton, but I would love if someone would give the "big 3" a swift kick in the rear in the 2500/3500 market.

Well Toyota & Nissan haven't tried so why would Musk be any better?

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Arent. 

Well Toyota & Nissan haven't tried so why would Musk be any better?

I can hope though.  I think Nissan "tried" with the Titan XD but it's more of a joke if you look at the specs than an actual attempt. 

3 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

I can hope though.  I think Nissan "tried" with the Titan XD but it's more of a joke if you look at the specs than an actual attempt. 

They might have tried but why?  Honda, Toyota, Nissan are the leaders in cars.  Hence why Ford is dropping most of their car line and just going with trucks and SUV's.  To them that is where the money is.  Well, until the next major gas spike.

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

They might have tried but why?  Honda, Toyota, Nissan are the leaders in cars.  Hence why Ford is dropping most of their car line and just going with trucks and SUV's.  To them that is where the money is.  Well, until the next major gas spike.

And then what happens to Ford's sales?

3 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

They can use whatever reasoning they want to try.  My reason is the "big 3" are way too comfy when it comes to the 2500/3500 market.  I just want someone to enter it to shake up the market.  Another gas spike while crap for everyone, would probably turn into a good time to buy a truck.

With some of the HP/TQ #’s of other Tesla’s I would assume a Tesla truck would be very capable in the towing dept.  Obviosuly towing would affect miles per full charge, which would be my concern.  If it could do 800-900 miles with no tow load, and 600-750 miles with max tow load on a single charge that’d be a huge plus. 

Needs to have a 4WD system, not AWD.

I was thinking more so if it meant you could get a longer range out of a single charge. I’m sure a selectable system in 2WD mode would consume less power than an all-time AWD.