thearizonacowboy's 2018 2WD Offroad Build

thearizonacowboy

41 minutes ago, Nsfw302 said:

What bumper are you going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbing a one off prototype from someone on Instagram then making a couple changes with it. Simple valance style "bumper". I'll post photos as soon as it's done

• Like 1

Regeared to 4.10s on Tuesday (7/17/18) and put 500 miles on before this weekend's prerun for next months offroad event. Unfortunately, due to the new gears I was forced to tune the truck as cruise control did not work... Long story short, I purchased a Diablo I3 and uploaded a custom tune yesterday.

Along with shift points, gear ratio, tire size, etc, I adjusted the radiator fans due to my over heating transmission. Its now setup to run the fans considerably more once temps are above 210 and 100% after 225. After testing this in the mountains today, I'm happy to report it made a significant difference in temps. 

While I had gotten to 250 twice before, I stayed under 220 95% of the time while creeping up over 230 once during some more "spirited" driving haha. 

Regarding the bumper, it should be going on this upcoming weekend!

20180722_122540.jpg

are you still running the stock spindles? Looks like it sits pretty high for just kings & UCA's. .  I'm doing my 17 in a few weeks and going with Kings/Cognito UCA and debating adding the Cognito spindles as well. Your truck is the exact look I want but i also need it to be functional since I live in the desert as well. 

Edited by B_SKY33
  • Like 1

interesting you mention upgrading gears and losing cruise control, I upgraded from 3.42 to 4.10 and my cruise control is gone too, ive been trying to get some ideas on why it disappeared, never thought re gearing would do it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Do you have a link to the sdhq spare tire strap and anchor points? I can't find them on their website

I've looked all over as well and cannot find it online. I would just call SDHQ, they're good guys and i'm sure will be able to help you 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:49 AM, B_SKY33 said:

I've looked all over as well and cannot find it online. I would just call SDHQ, they're good guys and i'm sure will be able to help you 

On 8/2/2018 at 6:11 PM, jgraves13 said:

Do you have a link to the sdhq spare tire strap and anchor points? I can't find them on their website

Sorry for the delay in my response, I couldn't seem to find them either but if you call and talk to Serena and let her know you want the same setup at Ryan with AZRR she'll get you squared away!

Almost forgot to mention the new Baja Design lights that went on this past weed just before the two day run....

2x Squadron Pros on their own GM specific mounts. Extremely impressed with the build quality of both the lights and mounts. Light output is incredible as well!

1x S2 Sport Chase light on SDHQs chase mount. Simple design that flat out works.

Both are stupid easy to install with 30-45 minutes for all three lights minus wiring of course!

I'll try and get some comparison photos showing the headlights and the new Baja Design lights to show how much light they put out!

20180731_233817_edited_edited.jpg

20180731_235503_edited.jpg

On 8/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, jgraves13 said:

This build makes me want to buy everything even though my bank account wont like me!

Haha well if you piece it out a little at a time it's not as bad! ?

On 8/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, B_SKY33 said:

I might have to come out on one of these runs! I just ordered all my parts so everything should be here within the next 2 weeks. 

You definitely should! Really laid back atmosphere and focused on community. We don't push the number of miles per day, we just aim to have a good time with the whole group. 

received_319653528577972.jpeg

Edited by thearizonacowboy