thearizonacowboy's 2018 2WD Offroad Build

thearizonacowboy

13 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Nice truck! Similar plans for mine. Kings when the budget allows, but pretty much done after that.

4859447826e389d54ae9cf3801b02b98.jpg

That super duty looks nice. Carli kit? And any chance he had an 05-06 before that one? Looks similar to a build on dezert rangers that I used follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah, looks great!

Yes on the Carli, it's their 2.5 kit. The thing is a beast and he jumps it too haha. I don't believe he had a 05-06 but I could be wrong. He's a Raptor guy and is almost done linking and caging his Gen 1 if that is the guy? His name is Brian S

Heck yeah, looks great!

Yes on the Carli, it's their 2.5 kit. The thing is a beast and he jumps it too haha. I don't believe he had a 05-06 but I could be wrong. He's a Raptor guy and is almost done linking and caging his Gen 1 if that is the guy? His name is Brian S

Oh okay, I think it's a different guy then. The one I'm thinking of has a shell, Carli kit, and lights across the front like this one so thought maybe he upgraded. Got any pics of the linked raptor? Don't see too many of those

8 minutes ago, jgraves13 said:

Oh okay, I think it's a different guy then. The one I'm thinking of has a shell, Carli kit, and lights across the front like this one so thought maybe he upgraded. Got any pics of the linked raptor? Don't see too many of those

No photos of that one yet but another buddy of mine is currently building this one:

He's up in Havasu and is painting all the tubing then all that remains is motor, trans, and interior.

Morgan Clarke did the cage and backhalf and it came out absolutely insane!

ryanfelish--1530339289316.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a few of my older toys that's I've sold. HM Raptor, RPG Raptor, and my linked LS swapped F150. All were really fun trucks but the amount of money dumped into them is sickening... I had to get out and take a break.

I still own and operate Arizona Raptor Runs but it's always open to all vehicle types. Just ironic that I don't own a Raptor anymore haha!

arizona_patriot-1530339349233.jpg

arizona_patriot-1530339301341.jpg

arizona_patriot-1530339366448.jpg

Edited by thearizonacowboy
  • Like 1

Those are some nice trucks. And I hear you on the expensive part. Always wanted a desert truck growing up but now that I see the price tags that go along with them it's hard to justify! Coilovers and upper arms on our trucks just seem much more budget friendly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Those are some nice trucks. And I hear you on the expensive part. Always wanted a desert truck growing up but now that I see the price tags that go along with them it's hard to justify! Coilovers and upper arms on our trucks just seem much more budget friendly

Yeah it's hard to justify... Upper arms and coilovers are awesome on these trucks! Mine keeps up with stock Raptors in most terrain without issue. 

Yeah it's hard to justify... Upper arms and coilovers are awesome on these trucks! Mine keeps up with stock Raptors in most terrain without issue. 

Good to know! If I'm ever in AZ I'll have to tag along on one of your excursions, they sound like a good time

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 11:23 PM, jgraves13 said:

Good to know! If I'm ever in AZ I'll have to tag along on one of your excursions, they sound like a good time

Sounds great!! Shoot me a text if you're ever around ?480-253-1810

Side note: took the truck out and jumped her for the first "official" time haha 

DSC05042_editedb.thumb.jpg.37f5c63d3e31b30d13b7ea0fbbf37f83.jpg

Edited by thearizonacowboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HoosierZ said:

Nice build. It just needs a skid plate to finish the look. 

38 minutes ago, 14x4 said:

Awesome truck. Can you share any pictures of the material you cut out in the wheel well?

Thank you! I agree, I'm trying I figure out what to do bumper wise. 50/50 between tube bumpers and dovetail or Mazzulla's skid plate for the factory bumper and call it a day.

Regarding what was cut to clear everything, here's what needs to be removed to cycle a 35x12.5 on 0mm offset wheels 

Let me know if you have any questions!

20180609_160804.jpg

5 minutes ago, thearizonacowboy said:

Thank you! I agree, I'm trying I figure out what to do bumper wise. 50/50 between tube bumpers and dovetail or Mazzulla's skid plate for the factory bumper and call it a day.

I went with the optional GM aluminum skid plates and built a tube framed skid plate for the bumper. 

27769AC0-7AED-48EC-A069-439399E6C98E.jpeg

6927EB88-C9F7-4DA6-958D-10CA472CDA17.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, thearizonacowboy said:

Regarding what was cut to clear everything, here's what needs to be removed to cycle a 35x12.5 on 0mm offset wheels 

Let me know if you have any questions!

20180609_160804.jpg

Thanks for the response. I meant a picture of the wheel well, sorry. Looks like you took out plenty of the liner, and some metal. Did you completely remove the sway bar, or just the links?

Man you went right down the exact same path that I’ve been planning on as well! Looking great.

As far as a skid plate goes, SDHQ has one similar to Mazzulla but allows you to keep the factory tow hooks. Also local to AZ. I’m in Scottsdale myself.

• Like 1