• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Andrew2015
      Anyone get better performance running any tuners on a 2015 Silverado 1/2 ton? Better gas mileage? Power? If so what brands are worth the money?
    • By Andrew2015
      What kinda numbers are you guys getting for mileage running 33x12.5 tires? On a leveled 2015 Silverado 1/2 ton 
    • By Andrew2015
      Looking on upgrading off my stock tires on my 2015 silervado 1500, running 265/65/R18 right now and looking to level it and jump to a 33” tall tire with a 20 inch wheel, curious on what kind of mileage I’d be getting? And any recommended specific sizes
    • By GMrideORdie
      Hello,

I'm new to the forums here and needed some assistance in replacing the shocks and tires on my new Truck.

I just recently purchased a 2016 Silverado High Country with 35k miles on it and after a week a driving it around I feel that it rides a little to stiff/bumpy for my liking. I know it's not supposed to ride like a Cadillac or an Audi or anything like that but my previous 2014 Sierra All Terrain seemed to ride pretty smooth. 

I have heard that replacing the stock tires and shocks can help with that issue but I have no clue as where to start. 

Was hoping some of you GM truck enthusiasts could help enlighten me as to which shocks and tires I should look into purchasing for an overall more comfortable ride. 

Thanks in advance

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      10-11-2018

Following our report yesterday on the new GM 2.7-Liter turbocharged gasoline engine, Mike Ofiara from Chevrolet Communications confirmed to GM-Trucks.com that GM will recommend Regular Unleaded fuel for the engine. This will have a major impact on the fuel economy of the vehicle. Many automakers launch new boosted engines with high compression as replacements for larger normally aspirated engines, only to then require premium fuel. Premium fuel has an average cost 16% higher than regular unleaded fuel according to today's average prices. While this may not seem like a big deal at first, do the math on a typical truck with a base engine and you will find the 10-year fuel cost can be around $23,000.  16% of that is around $3,700. 

With the new gasoline engine rated for the least expensive fuel in America, the cost comparison to operating a comparable diesel may tip in favor of the new gasoline engine from GM.  

The EPA has yet to publish the final official fuel economy numbers for the Silverado 1500 with the new 2.7-Liter engine. Once they are available, we will post them.