I have a 2017 Midnight Edition LTZ Z71 4x4 crew cab with a 6.2L & a 8 speed & a 3.23 rear. Drove to Bristol Tennessee from Philadelphia & got 27.4 MPG at 70 MPH, that is the best I got. I get between 11.5 to 14.5 in the city.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We have owned 2 6.2l 8 speed 1500's, 1 sierra and 1 high country both 2017 with the 3.23GR. Performance and Mpg has been spectacular, 21-22mg over city and hwy. Just replaced the 17 Sierra with a 19 6.2/speed combo. Performance is good if driving aggressive but new fuel management is horrible, drone,lag,stutter. Very disappointing for a new truck and mpg is 17-18 with the same driving. This truck is terrible so far. Going to the dealer and see if this dfm is operating properly or not. Both the 17's were unnoticeable going from v8 to v4 unless you watched the dash.  I hope something can be done.

GM just needs to stop with cylinder deactivation in a pickup period, it's useless. Probably wouldn't be so bad if they stayed with AFM, but they had to go and change the whole setup around to something even worse in my opinion. DFM is the second biggest reason I bought a used K2 pickup over a brand new T1.