2016-2018 Hidden Winch Factory Bumper

Well, here is mine. No one makes a bracket for a hidden winch because of the tow hook bolt placements on the frame. All brackets and plates were made of 1/4 inch steel. I did have to drill one hole in the frame and run a 4 inch bolt through the passenger side frame, rear hole of the tow hook for the bracket bolts. I also had to cut off the lower front bumper brackets. The winch was to wide to sit between them so they had to go. The last major mod was the lower facia being cut. The fairlead sits right below the metal of the bumper and I cut out the plastic of course. I also cut the plastic to fit a receiver and we welded a small piece of angled steel to the bottom of the winch plate and used the original screws and retainer nuts for the facia bracket. Last, Oregon requires a front license plate. So I used 1-1/4 conduit holders, drilled holes in the license plate and original plate bracket, and it just simply snaps onto the fairlead. Completely hidden. Winch is a Badlands ZXR 12,000 with wireless remote. I am unable to use the spool lock, so no free spool for me on this setup unfortunately. I also ran quick connects 1/0 AWG wire to both front and rear of the truck. I will also be doing a hidden winch on the rear factory bumper of the truck in the coming weeks.

7C6EF1A0-1C10-4276-A583-D2E35CE416C0.jpeg

75D29BF6-CA1B-47E3-8C8E-04A5776741D9.jpeg

4BDA3C16-62EC-46CE-B904-E824846D0952.jpeg

Edited by Will O'Daniel
  • Like 6

Winch plate and fascia bracket. Just drilled holes for the plate to mount to the bracket and welded a piece of angle iron to the receiver and used the factory bracket mount holes and screws for the facia.

DA1A6C33-1CC9-40CD-8D3F-2707AA546A08.jpeg

7A22FD73-88EA-4236-B304-76326AFA7EF0.jpeg

Edited by Will O'Daniel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Would you have either picture of your truck side on? this truck looks amazing! What size of lift are you using?

I used a Fabtech 6” lift. She sits on 35x13.5 tires on 20” Fuel Beast rims. 

A4123AC3-AD01-4AD6-9E0D-74DFCD665788.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gixxerk8 said:

Do you do this kind of work for a living or a hobby.  If a living, I would be interested in talking to you about doing another one.  I'm in Southern Oregon. 

It’s a hobby. My cousin does this for a living. He lives in Powell Butte, Oregon. He is the one that helped me with the install on this. I had a vision, designed and fabed the brackets, and he helped do the fit and install. You can PM me and I can see what you want to do.

18 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

That is amazing! I don't really know that I have a need for a winch but I want one now.

There is always a need for a winch! I could fab up some brackets for you and send them to you if you decide you want to do one! 

Nicely done!  I personally would never cover it with the plate.  I'm not sure where I'd locate the licence but it doesn't matter as everyone will be focused on the winch!

• Thanks 1