2016-2018 Hidden Winch Factory Bumper

11 hours ago, Will O'Daniel said:

There is always a need for a winch! I could fab up some brackets for you and send them to you if you decide you want to do one! 

I've got a sierra, so I'm not sure the brackets are the same? I need to look at how the license is mounted now and see. Initially I was going to go with a new bumper, but I've worked it back to a grille guard, this may be even better. I'll have to take a look and let you know.

1 hour ago, Penguin VII said:

I've got a sierra, so I'm not sure the brackets are the same? I need to look at how the license is mounted now and see. Initially I was going to go with a new bumper, but I've worked it back to a grille guard, this may be even better. I'll have to take a look and let you know.

Sounds good. I know someone that has a 15 Sierra that would let me use their truck as a tester for my brackets. Just let me know what you wanna do. It would be about a 3 week lead time.

4 hours ago, Donstar said:

Nicely done!  I personally would never cover it with the plate.  I'm not sure where I'd locate the licence but it doesn't matter as everyone will be focused on the winch!

I hate covering it up. I have thought about where I would put it but like you, I can’t find a good place I like. Any place but where it’s at ruins the symmetry of the truck. 

18 hours ago, Will O'Daniel said:

I hate covering it up. I have thought about where I would put it but like you, I can’t find a good place I like. Any place but where it’s at ruins the symmetry of the truck. 

You could always do something like this. Keeps symmetry and shows off the winch

img_9295.jpg

7 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

You could always do something like this. Keeps symmetry and shows off the winch

img_9295.jpg

That’s a good idea. It would work well with the fairlead lower on the facia. Unfortunately, I can’t lower the fairlead because of where I put the receiver. This can be fixed for future builds if anyone wants me to build one. Where my fairlead is now, the plate would stick above the metal bumper about an inch that way. Taking the lines from the bumper and the grill. I was also thinking of building a receiver insert that can hold my plate. But, then it hangs low....... (joke inserted here).... First world issues suck lol. 

2 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

would you have anymore pictures, I was going to get a 2019 but after seeing this set up, im really considering a 2018

What would you like to see? Current mechanical mods are a mild cam, dual Borla Exhaust, 4.11 gears, 4 corner air bags, compressor pump and 3 gallon tank,  50 gal aux fuel cell with auto pump to main fuel tank, front hidden winch. Full Upgrade tow mirrors (DQS). As stated 6” lift, 35x13.5 tires, fuel beast 20” wheels -44 offset. This week I am doing the rear hidden winch and upgrading the fuel injectors. Future mods will be a supercharger and power output to 700hp... hopefully. I have quite a bit of LED lighting on this as you can see. The sport bar is the GM aftermarket bar and I added the 2 middle lights. I have the spare 35 in the bed of the truck leaning against the tool box with a bracket that I built for that. Following the angle of the sport bar. 

33FC8EA0-6D5C-4F28-A645-708FD0C2AB18.jpeg

0EF0BAAF-2E02-4228-8EB9-62559F05B0BD.jpeg

Edited by Will O'Daniel

• 7 months later...
28 minutes ago, VictorLin0725 said:

Holy s*** just saw this thread now. Gotta give you props on this man, that looks clean haha! What’s the biggest sized winch this setup would hold?

I have seen 12,000 lb witches on these as the biggest so far. The measurements could hold a 15,0000 lb WARN, but I don’t know why anyone would put that big of one on a 1500 series truck. A 12,000 lb does the job and anything bigger could get a snatch block. 

11 hours ago, Will O'Daniel said:

I have seen 12,000 lb witches on these as the biggest so far. The measurements could hold a 15,0000 lb WARN, but I don’t know why anyone would put that big of one on a 1500 series truck. A 12,000 lb does the job and anything bigger could get a snatch block. 

I might just try and figure this out myself, trying to think if a front or rear winch is more useful...If it turns out I can't do it, would you be willing to sell some knowledge and parts for this setup? 

Cheers,

Victor

13 minutes ago, VictorLin0725 said:

I might just try and figure this out myself, trying to think if a front or rear winch is more useful...If it turns out I can't do it, would you be willing to sell some knowledge and parts for this setup? 

Cheers,

Victor

Of course I will. I only sell parts. So if you have any questions, I can answer them here in on a PM. I can send my designs via pictures and my own measurements as well if you want to build your own brackets.

7 minutes ago, Will O'Daniel said:

Of course I will. I only sell parts. So if you have any questions, I can answer them here in on a PM. I can send my designs via pictures and my own measurements as well if you want to build your own brackets.

Alright, sounds good. Keep in touch. Still can't believe how nice your build is, if I had a dream setup that would be it haha.