Warranty Special Coverage 18127

Hello everyone, first time posting.  So, does anyone know what Special Coverage 18127 is?  Dealership is closed right now, just wondering if anyone else has seen this listed on their warranty coverage. 

Thanks for your help!

I wish I knew. I was looking at the My Chevrolet app and I saw that under the warranty section. Whatever it is, it is good for 150k miles. I didn't find anything with a quick web search.

Subject:  18127 — Driver’s Front Seat Belt Anchor Pretensioner

999999995.gif
Models:  2015–2017 Chevrolet Silverado
2015–2017 GMC Sierra

Reference Number: N182153260

Release Date: June 2018

Revision: 00

Make

Model

Model Year

RPO

Description

From

To

Chevrolet

Silverado

GMC

Sierra

Involved vehicles are identified on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.

Condition:

In certain 2015-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD and GMC Sierra LD, and a limited number of 2016 model year Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD vehicles, if a driver repeatedly sits on the seat belt cable cover located at the base of the driver’s seat when entering the vehicle, it may cause the seat belt pretensioner to bend sharply over the seat side shield.  If this continues to occur over an extended period of time, which is very rare, the seat belt pretensioner cable may fatigue and eventually separate, which could reduce the effectiveness of the vehicle’s seat belts.  Before any damage occurs to the pretensioner cable itself, signs of wear will be visible on the pretensioner cable cover where it has been repeatedly bent over the seat side shield.

Special Coverage Adjustment

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 150,000 miles (240,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after June 25, 2018, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to June 25, 2018, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicle owners or lessees who paid for repairs referenced in this Special Coverage (“Customers”) are eligible for reimbursement of their reasonable and customary expenses in accordance with the procedures specified below. The conditional right to reimbursement is provided by GM solely in the interest of customer satisfaction and is personal to Customers. Customers may not assign and GM does not consent to any assignment of any Customer’s right to submit reimbursement claims, or to receive reimbursement, or any other rights granted by this Special Coverage to any third party, including but not limited to service contract providers, and this Special Coverage is not intended to and does not confer any third party beneficiary, subrogation or contribution rights, or any other rights to reimbursement, against GM, whether in law, equity or otherwise, on any third parties.

Correction

Dealers are to replace the pretensioner and side shield for all customers that experience a broken pretensioner cable or come to a dealership with excessive wear on the cable sleeve. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.