Low Profile Tonneau Cover Recommendations

Hey everyone,

Looking for recommendations on a low profile Tonneau cover for my standard length bed (6'6") on my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 I just picked up. Loving the truck so far!

I prefer the low profile look vs sitting on top. Would love the BAK Revolver x2 but not crazy on the price.

I think I'm leaning towards the Access Vanish from RealTruck/tonneaucoversworld: https://www.realtruck.com/vanish-tonneau-cover

but also saw the Rugged Liner: https://www.realtruck.com/rugged-liner-roll-up-tonneau-cover/

Appreciate any feedback or recommendations you have! Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I almost bought an X2.  Then I saw the X4 and like it a bit better but was still leary of a fabric covered roll up.  I ended up with a MX4 and am very happy with it.  It's not 100% water tight, but the tailgate isn't either so it good enough for me.  I would definitely recommend it.

• Like 2

I’ve got the extang encore and prefer it to any other cover I’ve had. Once I sealed up the gaps along the tailgate sides I hardly get any dust, never had any issues with water at all. Every other brand I had or style has always let water in no matter what they claim. IMO roll up styled ones let water leak into cracks and gaps. The encore really has the best seal from my experience. Also you can open it from the front or back and use your ignition key so no extra key to carry or lose. It’s not a below rail cover like you’re looking for but an above rail one will almost always seal up better with the weight of the cover helping. My dads which I can’t think of the brand is a flush mount one and he regretted it from day one and it was more money than mine.

Edited by Brandon5799
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, joshcastle13 said:

Hey everyone,

Looking for recommendations on a low profile Tonneau cover for my standard length bed (6'6") on my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 I just picked up. Loving the truck so far!

I prefer the low profile look vs sitting on top. Would love the BAK Revolver x2 but not crazy on the price.

I think I'm leaning towards the Access Vanish from RealTruck/tonneaucoversworld: https://www.realtruck.com/vanish-tonneau-cover

but also saw the Rugged Liner: https://www.realtruck.com/rugged-liner-roll-up-tonneau-cover/

Appreciate any feedback or recommendations you have! Thanks!

I bought a Tonnopro low profile rollup cover a year ago & it has worked well for me. It's quite similar to the ones you posted, but usually sells for less money. 
I like this style, as you don't give up bed space, they don't weigh much and they're easy to open and close.

They can be mildly annoying to install though, so be patient and creative & have a good stock of tools to work with. The clamps they use can be a pain to keep in place properly when you're trying to tighten them. If you lube the bolt threads with WD40, or anti-seize, it helps quite a bit.

I also added extra foam tape in spots to improve the sealing. 

• Like 1

I've had the Access Vanish for over a year and am happy with it. nice low profile. it fits within the bed rails so the Adarac rack can mount on the bed rails. pic attached from adarac website.

Adarac-Lineup.jpg

• Like 1

I got the Line-X Truck Gear Deluxe Roll-Up Tonneau Cover and it is basically an Access Lorado re-branded. I was able to get it installed cheaper than I could buy the Lorado and it works and looks the same. I had the Lorado on my previous Silverado and loved it. Side note, they also have tube steps and other accessories so I was able to have all my add-on's done at my local Line-X Dealer all at once. Pretty sweet deal.

0cd8262242c2b568c7d40d02e98d3dfd.png?v=1524688525

http://www.linex.com/accessories/truck-gear

• Like 1

Nice, that looks awesome! Definitely the look I'm shooting for! Going to check that out.

I’m rocking the Truxedo Pro X15 cover. Love the look of this setup. I don’t have any issues or complaints with this.
7f3d52b7b54353eddf25ab62f45e4685.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I also want to get the Truxedo Pro 15. Can you tell us how the fabric cover is holding up compared to the smooth vinyl units. I have an '18 Denali with the 6'-6" bed and I am currently using a toolbox for my tools, but I really think it takes away from the look of the truck. I will be making some pullout drawers to eliminate the tool box, but would like to keep everything else clean and dry. I saw a review where a guy says that the top leak  real bad.

I see a LOT of different Tonneau covers all over the internet, but the roll up style will give me the most bed space without total removal. Water tight would be best, but I understand this is a truck and not a submarine. 

On 7/4/2018 at 7:21 AM, 2014KL said:

I had the truxedo lo pro qt on my last truck.  I liked it and will be getting another one for my new truck.

This one^^^

Had it on my last truck and put it on this one, like it, seals up pretty good around the tail gate and held up good for me.