Low Profile Tonneau Cover Recommendations

This one^^^
Had it on my last truck and put it on this one, like it, seals up pretty good around the tail gate and held up good for me.

I had a LoPro for 6 years on my Canyon, and was happy to find a good deal on one for my new Sierra.

46148792661_8ea48d61a4_z.jpg
Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.sportscard.trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fabric material has held up just fine so far. It definitely isn’t water tight and the directions also says wasn’t designed to be water tight. The only water that comes in is the front two corners but it’s not bad at all. Tomorrow it’s suppose to rain so I’ll take pictures so you can see how much comes in.

Truxedo Lo Pro was nice and water tight for me. Never had any issues, loved everything about it. Best value for price I think. 

Traded it for the rolling GM cover (rebranded revolver x2) and while it's more secure, stronger to set things on, the buckles to secure it open broke, and I made my own system to secure it. It also covers a large part of the rear window when rolled up. More water seems to get in going through the car wash, but that may just be the tailgate. 

If the new truck didn't come with the rev x2 I certainly wouldn't pay the premium over the truxedo lo pro. 

Roll n Lock
"A" model.
Again, probably not what you want to spend.
dd200064eb1dc5954506172cd7bbaae3.jpg2ad0b2c906272cd0f576cefbdc1ca2ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Love mine cause you get what you pay for. You didn’t attach the tailgate locking latches?

12 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Love mine cause you get what you pay for. You didn’t attach the tailgate locking latches?

Tailgate locks so no. I really like being able to drop the tailgate without having to unlock the cover.

Tailgate locks so no. I really like being able to drop the tailgate without having to unlock the cover.

Completely understand, I was interested in not having it lock too but it gives me a bit more security carrying very high end toys in bed on the way to target shooting. Besides, takes a few extra seconds for me to unlock with key too.

They do leak in the corners but nothing to write home about. Considering the December rainfall amounts we have had, it's really nothing to get concerned about.efe89401147982b207b8d14747df0c7a.jpgb07d41bc982d33c2b66922e8cd639e7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You can see the water comes in the front two corners and a tiny bit in the middle. It had rained for most of the night and morning. I took the picture in the afternoon. I never keep anything stored in the bed so the little water that comes in doesn’t bother me at all.
77382451f0756232d725b97d522c7da7.jpg

I wanted a low profile tonneau cover also that was quality but didnt break the bank. After much research was going to go with the truxedo lowpro but then found the truxedo pro x15. It is a soft cover that is almost flat with a 15 degree profile. I love the woven flat black fabric over the cheaper looking shiny vinyl of most covers. Looks like convertible top quality fabric and only the same minor leaking in car wash or heavy rain of other covers. It sets the bed off from most other covers and I have gotten a lot of compliments. It also stays remarkably clean and does not show any dust or rain spotting like vinyl covers.

20180602_120704.jpg

Edited by Birdwatcher62

I wanted a low profile tonneau cover also that was quality but didnt break the bank. After much research was going to go with the truxedo lowpro but then found the truxedo pro x15. It is a soft cover that is almost flat with a 15 degree profile. I love the woven flat black fabric over the cheaper looking shiny vinyl of most covers. Looks like convertible top quality fabric and only the same minor leaking in car wash or heavy rain of other covers. It sets the bed off from most other covers and I have gotten a lot of compliments. It also stays remarkably clean and does not show any dust or rain spotting like vinyl covers.
20180602_120704.thumb.jpg.40da293f3a21c393dbb2f6f96e6b9974.jpg

That’s a nice looking cover. I have been debating between the pro x 15 and the low pro for a little bit now. It sounds like you are happy with the pro x 15.

39 minutes ago, ecb1084 said:

That’s a nice looking cover. I have been debating between the pro x 15 and the low pro for a little bit now. It sounds like you are happy with the pro x 15.

Absolutely and would recommend. The Lowpro is a highly recommended cover that you can't go wrong with but I am glad I got the X15. It is light, very flat and closes tight as a drum. Because it sits so low and has the flat finish it blends right in and gives the bed a more streamlined appearance. You don't really even notice the truck has a cover until your right next to it. I really like much better than the typical shiny vinyl covers and it stays clean, even this winter. Same good truxedo quality as the lowpro. Bought it on Amazon.

20181229_060339.jpg

Edited by Birdwatcher62

Maybe I'm a bit old school, but I still like the Bak G2 hard trifold.

Just picked up a closeout 2018 1500 CC LTZ 4wd on X-Mas Eve and snagged a manufacturer refurbished Bak G2 for $399 from Walmarts website with no tax and free shipping.

Took it through the car wash yesterday and just a small amount of water at the tailgate corners as well as a small amount in the front corners.

Had this same setup on an almost identical 2018 earlier in the year, traded in the truck and also sold the G2 on C/L.

Regretted the decision and came back to the bright side.....