Low Profile Tonneau Cover Recommendations

i have the GM version of the BAK Revolver x2. its called REV or someting like that. it is identical made by BAK.

water tight, locks the full bed length, and no velcro 

with ebay discounts i was able to get it for $650. it is well worth the money extremely well made.

Edited by djw88

I have a truxedo lo pro on my 92 chevy truck and put an access vanish on my 2018 sierra. I like them both but the access is a little nicer to me. The only thing bad with my spray in liner is the seal that came with the access against the back didn't stick good. I had to use some silicone to seal it correctly.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:50 AM, djw88 said:

i have the GM version of the BAK Revolver x2. its called REV or someting like that. it is identical made by BAK.

water tight, locks the full bed length, and no velcro 

with ebay discounts i was able to get it for $650. it is well worth the money extremely well made.

Man, wish I had heard sooner that GM has this version. I paid $850 for my BAK Revolver X2. Absolutely love it and it has performed flawlessly, but would have been glad to save $200 for the exact GM version of it. Do you have a part number by chance? I looked on eBay and couldn't find anything.

4 minutes ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

Man, wish I had heard sooner that GM has this version. I paid $850 for my BAK Revolver X2. Absolutely love it and it has performed flawlessly, but would have been glad to save $200 for the exact GM version of it. Do you have a part number by chance? I looked on eBay and couldn't find anything.

GM# 19333082 number for standard bed

For my '14 GMC Sierra - 8 Ft. Long bed - I purchased the following:

New Truxedo Deuce2 Tonneau Cover (Installed): $450.00

New Truxedo TonneauMate ToolBox (Installed): $370.00

Plus sales tax.  The cover and toolbox both have held up very well over 4 and a half years.

Toolbox is 55" long, 22" wide and 15" tall.  The top of the toolbox is under the tonneau and the bottom of the toolbox sits off the bed floor maybe 6-7 inches.

https://truxedo.com/deuce/land.php

https://truxedo.com/tonneaumate

Edited by 14GMCZ71

1 minute ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

Just looked it up, cheapest one is $870 on eBay right now. Looks like you bought at the right time!

yeah i didn't plan on getting one at the time but that listing popped up and also had the 25% off ebay offer i couldn't pass on that deal. it was last spring i believe when i got it.

Also check out https://www.peragon.com/

I had their cover on my 2015 RCSB truck and loved it. I’ve since installed the same brand cover on two friends trucks. 

Sold the truck. Just pulled the the cover off my truck after 3 years of ownership and it still looks great. I’d recommend their product again. 

I too wanted a low profile cover because they look great!  I couldn't pull the trigger on almost a $1000 cover so in a pinch I purchased the soft tri-fold from American Tonneau for $250.  I needed something for a road trip, decided to try it and figured I could always just return it if I didn't like how it looked.  I ended up loving the way it looked because it unintentionally matched well with my blue sierra with black wheels.  I loved the fact that it was quick to put on, quick to take off and could be used in the folded position.  I just leave it off and in the garage most of the time but I just needed it this past week and it kept everything dry and safe!  Sorry for the info you didn't request but I thought I'd pass on my experience.  

https://www.amazon.com/American-Tonneau-Company-66110-Tri-fold/dp/B0182T1ZC2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=american+tonneau+cover&qid=1547856113&sr=8-1

The '16 Silverado I just got has an Undercover Flex cover installed.  Seems to be well built and sturdy, however I haven't hauled any cargo yet so I can't comment on the ease of use. 

I love mine. It's discrete, secure, and extremely functional. I use it for camping, traveling, fishing, tailgating (I miss summer) and miscellaneous projects around my house. It basically turns my fullsize into an SUV.

IMG_20180720_093504_922.jpg