What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

I vote turning our 2014 - 2017 trucks into a push button start.

starman8tcd made a post that made me think of this. He linked to:

https://www.amazon.com/BANVIE-Immobilizer-Keyless-Vehicle-Protection/dp/B076BCX85B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1530720188&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=push+button+start&psc=1

Edited by Mileguru
Citing source

I love this thread! LOL!

I was talking to someone about RF ID for push button start.

OEM Push Button for GM or Passive Entry (Push Button on door handles) are things I’ve explored, but due to complexities of programming, modules, I’ve been told next to impossible. Lol.

I am nearing the end of mods. I am working on adding Factory Trailer Brake, adding Lane Departure Warning. Since I retrofitted Seat Memory, it would tie in nicely.

I am also working on adding this headlight switch to run another set of lights.

0dcc8bc5f9861c273f3446c6c43cca6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

I love this thread! LOL!

I was talking to someone about RF ID for push button start.

OEM Push Button for GM or Passive Entry (Push Button on door handles) are things I’ve explored, but due to complexities of programming, modules, I’ve been told next to impossible. Lol.

I am nearing the end of mods. I am working on adding Factory Trailer Brake, adding Lane Departure Warning. Since I retrofitted Seat Memory, it would tie in nicely.

I am also working on adding this headlight switch to run another set of lights.

0dcc8bc5f9861c273f3446c6c43cca6c.jpg

What lights you installing? Or did you get the bar for the back and factory lighting for it? Lol

• Like 1

What lights you installing? Or did you get the bar for the back and factory lighting for it? Lol

Nothing yet. Just want the ability so that I can share the how to for those that want to add the sport bar, or grille lights, or for some other after market use really.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So in my neighborhood they have started stealing push button starts... It's a surprisingly easy process too.

I'd love to add ecoAssist. Not for the gas mileage, but for the nice lil power add with mileage. Then see what we can tweak there.

Also would like an app I could install to turn my display into a live camera feed/modify the existing time out settings of the default.

Did anyone figure out hacking in the OEM blind spot monitors from another make? Maybe the Escalade?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So in my neighborhood they have started stealing push button starts... It's a surprisingly easy process too.

I'd love to add ecoAssist. Not for the gas mileage, but for the nice lil power add with mileage. Then see what we can tweak there.

Also would like an app I could install to turn my display into a live camera feed/modify the existing time out settings of the default.

Did anyone figure out hacking in the OEM blind spot monitors from another make? Maybe the Escalade?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My HMI is unlocked and can access my backup camera anytime. While in Drive, it has a countdown timer. I plan to add a front camera to it and be able to switch between the two. Would compliment the front sensors when pulling into a garage or tight spot.

Would love to do the escalade monitor rearview mirror with a 3rd brake light camera.

Echomaster Intellihaul already has a 3rd brake light camera that is integrated to the camera trailering system. I installed one for local member and it is pretty nice! Left/Right mirror cameras are activated by the turn signals and can access the extra cameras when it reverse. I don’t have a need for that camera but may add it and integrate one of the the switches I have in the Instrument Panel to switch between the two cameras.

4 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Echomaster Intellihaul already has a 3rd brake light camera that is integrated to the camera trailering system. I installed one for local member and it is pretty nice! Left/Right mirror cameras are activated by the turn signals and can access the extra cameras when it reverse. I don’t have a need for that camera but may add it and integrate one of the the switches I have in the Instrument Panel to switch between the two cameras.

Does that not aim more at the box/cargo area though? My wife has the monitor mirror on her escalade and at first I thought it was a little gimmicky or goofy but now I love it. She never drives with it in regular mirror mode. Gentex makes a kit but it is pricey and you lose the Onstar buttons

• Like 1