What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

39 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Harness to hook up a dsp or loc for audio.  Idont want too have to fogure out what wite is what. 

Already done

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes/Silverado-And-Sierra-Crew-Cab-Custom-Subwoofer-Enclosures-by-Subthump/New-20162018-Camaro-With-BOSE-Plug-N-Play-THarness-And-ANC-Defeat-Harness-Kit-clone.html

1 hour ago, Thegrinch said:

Phil and I have already talked about this:

Mod to swap the audio controls so the volume moves to the left side of the steering wheel.

Passive Entry is another big one for me. 

What would be the purpose for swapping the audio controls, just preference?

41 minutes ago, Catchme2003 said:

Thatsjust to delete bose. i dont have bose

Thered a difference in what im looking for and i think phil isalready working on it

50 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Thatsjust to delete bose. i dont have bose

Thered a difference in what im looking for and i think phil isalready working on it

Oops thought you had the Bose setup. Anyways this doesn't delete the Bose, it gives access points on the amp harness to do a loc without having to splice or cut wires. I have used a few of these on installs for LC2i's, nice and simple.

4 minutes ago, Catchme2003 said:

Oops thought you had the Bose setup. Anyways this doesn't delete the Bose, it gives access points on the amp harness to do a loc without having to splice or cut wires. I have used a few of these on installs for LC2i's, nice and simple.

Lc2 is usually only for subs.  Youdont have to worry about chime or bluetooth.  im running a dsp with 2way active front stage

how to add a switch in the bed to turn on bed lights from rear instead of inside truck

I was just thinking about this! I’ve seen it on the f150s and it’s a nice feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

What would be the purpose for swapping the audio controls, just preference?

Yes, Preference. I've often wondered why on Left had side cars (drive on the right side of the road) that the volume is located on the right of the wheel. IF you drive with one hand (i.e.: all of the "stuff" you reach for is on the right (center console, HVAC controls, etc.)), your left hand is on the wheel. Maybe it's just me, but the volume control is the #1 button used on my vehicles. Phil noted that it bothers him as well. He's gonna look into a simple pin change for those of us that would like to swap them. I do know this: The switches are DIFFERENT and keyed to only work on the side they were designed. You can not simply swap the switches L-->R and it work (I've tried). I did on my JK Jeep with no issues about 2 years ago, but no go on the Denali.

• Like 1

Does GM already make an auto lock/unlock from key don for the tailgates of these trucks?

Yes - 2016 and up. 2014-2015 has to be either Pop and Lock or retrofit.
@Viktorrocks15 had his tail gate stolen some time ago. In his quest to find a replacement, he went ahead and got a 16+ tail gate this time.

Since his truck is a 2015, he had to run a door lock/unlock actuator Signal to the tail gate. The X63A Junction Box doesn’t have these signals for 14-15 trucks.

So he pulled the signal from the driver rear door B-Pillar.

• Like 2

Factory heated/ventilated seats would be great!

I had Factory Heated only, with power adjust driver, manual adjust passenger.

I was able to fully integrate Heated/Ventilated along with Seat Memory :). Passenger is now power adjust. Ventilated is nice during these 100°+ temps!

On 7/8/2018 at 12:46 AM, joer said:

I got 2 ideas 

how to keep DRL on when turn signals are being used

how to add a switch in the bed to turn on bed lights from rear instead of inside truck

On 7/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, 2017_whitez71 said:

This will fix the DRL for you.  I have it on my truck, works great.

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-DRL-Override-Harness/

You can't see it so what at all is the point of this other than making it more difficult for others to see your turn signals?

Tyler

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

I had Factory Heated only, with power adjust driver, manual adjust passenger.

I was able to fully integrate Heated/Ventilated along with Seat Memory :). Passenger is now power adjust. Ventilated is nice during these 100°+ temps!

How complex was that?

I'm also interested in another light switch to use for back-up up lights.

But what I really want is the GM upfitter switches below the radio. The WT models come with like 7 switches in there and I only have 3.

I looked into that and as soon as I realized it required relays and a new fuse block, I figured its over my novice wiring skills. Any kind of light switch that is plug and play (and looks OEM) and I'm on board.

• Like 2