What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

How about a Plug & Play harness to add the Blueray DvD player for those of us without rear entertainment ...

Oh yeah! Got it! :). I made one for my truck.

cce2ef1c230c19cc553c13ae19bafbf7.jpg

358ff1f5f258f464f1f5e601e6f5a425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Wow...that’s impressive and something my family could honestly use. One mod at a time though. I’m excited to get your pnp dl3 harness ? 

53 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

It looks like it plays on the dash screen as well.  Is there a way to just play it through the dash screen, without having to buy a flip down in the back.  My wife would like that for trips, lol.  She usually lays her head across the console anyway.  She could lay and watch a movie on trips.

• Like 1

It looks like it plays on the dash screen as well.  Is there a way to just play it through the dash screen, without having to buy a flip down in the back.  My wife would like that for trips, lol.  She usually lays her head across the console anyway.  She could lay and watch a movie on trips.

There are additional things needed for this to happen, aside from the wiring.

If you want the ability to play BluRay/DVD Movies:

- HMI needs to be “Unlocked” to gain the Video Button on the screen. During the unlock, Video in Motion needs to added.

- Screen itself is different than the screens on trucks without BluRay/DVD. There is a decoder logic board. So screen swap is needed.

- BluRay/DVD Player needs to be programmed to communicate with your VIN.

If you have a 2014-2016 Truck, you should be able to play .mp4 movie files from a flash drive. That will play on the front screen without anything special, but only in Park. Video in Motion (VIM) would be needed only for this case. HMI can have VIM Bypass done.

If you want watch movies on the front screen via disc, then the above stuff needs to happen.

There would be a wiring change needed to go from the CD player to the DVD player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

There are additional things needed for this to happen, aside from the wiring.

If you want the ability to play BluRay/DVD Movies:

- HMI needs to be “Unlocked” to gain the Video Button on the screen. During the unlock, Video in Motion needs to added.

- Screen itself is different than the screens on trucks without BluRay/DVD. There is a decoder logic board. So screen swap is needed.

- BluRay/DVD Player needs to be programmed to communicate with your VIN.

If you have a 2014-2016 Truck, you should be able to play .mp4 movie files from a flash drive. That will play on the front screen without anything special, but only in Park. Video in Motion (VIM) would be needed only for this case. HMI can have VIM Bypass done.

If you want watch movies on the front screen via disc, then the above stuff needs to happen.

There would be a wiring change needed to go from the CD player to the DVD player.

Wow!  Thanks for the info.  I think I will just let her continue to watch her movies on her ipad lol

• Like 2

Wow!  Thanks for the info.  I think I will just let her continue to watch her movies on her ipad lol

Good idea [emoji6]

6 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Good idea emoji6.png

6 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Good idea emoji6.png

That seems like a fairly involved process. I agree...the kids can use their iPads.  Lol. I love that you do all these mods. It gives a novice like me the confidence to slowly work up to more difficult modifications. Thanks pgamboa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Good idea emoji6.png

MVI does the front screen conversion. They take all the guess work out of it, not that Phil doesn't know what he's doing because I used plenty of his mods for my truck, I went through MVI just because of the programming and they build a harness to swap the CD player out for the BluRay player also they swap the screens and supply the BluRay player. It literally takes about a half hour to swap everything if you have any type of mechanical skills.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Did you also add the HDMI , USB  Inputs in the rear of the center console ?

Also do you have a video of your install ? 

I am very interested in purchasing this harness .  Is that the original

flip down unit or an after market unit you have installed ?

• Like 1

Did you also add the HDMI , USB  Inputs in the rear of the center console ?
Also do you have a video of your install ? 
I am very interested in purchasing this harness .  Is that the original
flip down unit or an after market unit you have installed ?

Yes, I added the rear panel HDMI and USB ports but haven’t had the chance to get it connected. Flip down is OEM. I have yet to announce the availability of the harness yet due to being extremely busy with orders... but once I get caught up, I will put something together.

I don’t have videos of the install but have a ton of pictures. Another member actually did some video of his install. I helped him with it, and made him a similar harness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yes, I added the rear panel HDMI and USB ports but haven’t had the chance to get it connected. Flip down is OEM. I have yet to announce the availability of the harness yet due to being extremely busy with orders... but once I get caught up, I will put something together.

I don’t have videos of the install but have a ton of pictures. Another member actually did some video of his install. I helped him with it, and made him a similar harness.

I am very very interested in your harness , I have even already shipped My HMI to WAMS  yesterday for programming  .

Quick question ? are you able to split the video signal into 2 lines ? to send video to maybe some headrest TV's instead of the drop down ?

Also is your screen the 7 inch or 8 inch screen ? 

I went to a little truck meet this weekend & saw a Denali with a very large screen in place

of the small stock screen  , unfortunately the owner wasn't around to ask any questions

about the size or install process about the large screen . Happen to be another 2017 there

with headrest monitors & stock front radio  , He said he had Al & Ed's do the install of headrest , subs , & amp for subs .

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 2:27 PM, Nasty said:

Adding a factory sunroof using the factory overhead console sunroof buttons

I was watching a Chevy Dealer, on YouTube in Georgia,I think, they said, quote: We had an installer, install the Factory Sunroof, on the Silverado that they was trying to sale, “Aftermarket” of course. This matched the Factory one exactly from the video. What Installer?  Didn’t say. But somewhere down south, there’s an installer doing these Sunroof’s  that match the OEM ones. 

Massaging seats like the fully loaded Audi Q7 I had as a loaner. Those seats were so nice I just sat in the driveway for 30 minutes to get a massage before I had to return it.

• Like 1