What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

Phil for President, make Silverado’s great again [emoji1430]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23] - This is awesome!

• Like 1

You guys have no imagination!  I want [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] to make a mod to make my Silverado into a convertible helicopter.  Really save on the drive time! :lol:

Yours doesn’t do that now? Video coming soon [emoji6]

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They already have it. 

I think he meant adding to a truck that didn’t come with it. Many of us get the lower trims and add stuff as we are able to. This is one of those that wouldn’t be a simple Plug and Play add on.

I'm with Z-TRUCK, I would like to convert passenger side from manual to power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This one is quite simple if you can get your hands on a power passenger seat. You may need to add a Seat Position sensor, otherwise, your airbag light will come on. I think The sensor tells the airbag system where the seat is positioned to know how to deploy.

The problem is... most sell seats in pairs. And most seats that are passenger power adjust, are also heated/cooled, which means they most likely came from a truck that has seat memory.

When you go down this path, you’ll want to swap out the driver too since the power adjust in the higher trim seats have more adjustment. 8-way versus like 12-way ... or something like that. I don’t remember the # of adjustments but the higher trim seats have more than the LT/SLE trims....

Then... LOL, we open the discussion about cool, power adjust on driver side (if you swap this seat too, since they come in pairs) will stop working because the adjust controls on the driver side (higher trim) goes through the Seat Memory Module... then we open up another can of works with that.

Luckily, if you end up with these higher trim seats, and want to use them - without going down the path of FULL Seat Memory Retrofit (like I did), you’ll need a set of my Driver Seat, Power Adjust, Seat Memory Bypass Harness to regain power adjust...

• Like 1

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] How about adding the Enhanced Driver Alert package.  The forward camera, turning on-off of highbeams automatically, seat vibration, HUD alert.

Working on Lane Departure (may be a few months). Since I went down the full Seat Memory Retrofit, my Seats do vibrate when either front/rears sensors are within proximity of the red danger zone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

This one is quite simple if you can get your hands on a power passenger seat. You may need to add a Seat Position sensor, otherwise, your airbag light will come on. I think The sensor tells the airbag system where the seat is positioned to know how to deploy.

The problem is... most sell seats in pairs. And most seats that are passenger power adjust, are also heated/cooled, which means they most likely came from a truck that has seat memory.

When you go down this path, you’ll want to swap out the driver too since the power adjust in the higher trim seats have more adjustment. 8-way versus like 12-way ... or something like that. I don’t remember the # of adjustments but the higher trim seats have more than the LT/SLE trims....

Then... LOL, we open the discussion about cool, power adjust on driver side (if you swap this seat too, since they come in pairs) will stop working because the adjust controls on the driver side (higher trim) goes through the Seat Memory Module... then we open up another can of works with that.

Luckily, if you end up with these higher trim seats, and want to use them - without going down the path of FULL Seat Memory Retrofit (like I did), you’ll need a set of my Driver Seat, Power Adjust, Seat Memory Bypass Harness to regain power adjust...

My 2017 has the power passenger seat and it is only a LT model. It is cloth with heated option as well so it shouldn't be that bad to add it on with Phil's help. The easiest way I would think to look for one is Car-part.com it is a site that ties into alot of junk yards across the USA and some Canadian ones that you should specifically look for a passenger seat with power.

• Like 2

I have one for Phil to work on (he may need some help from Chris White):

I want to add the Denali cluster to the 2014/2105 trucks but with the Chevy blue background!

• Like 1

My 2017 has the power passenger seat and it is only a LT model. It is cloth with heated option as well so it shouldn't be that bad to add it on with Phil's help. The easiest way I would think to look for one is Car-part.com it is a site that ties into alot of junk yards across the USA and some Canadian ones that you should specifically look for a passenger seat with power.

That’s good to know and probably the easiest way to add power adjust passenger. Thanks for that info!

I have one for Phil to work on (he may need some help from Chris White):

I want to add the Denali cluster to the 2014/2105 trucks but with the Chevy blue background!

I’ve been told it is possible, but you have to do the complete retrofit for this. Meaning

2016+ HMI with Car Play/Nav
2016+ USB Hubs that support Car Play Logic
2016 Blue Denali Cluster
2016 Radio Module

Of course, inquire with WAMS. This one is a custom build but doable.