KX2 non-tow mirrors on NNBS

I'm wondering if these mirrors will fit on a 2013 1500 Silverado (NNBS), I am well aware they are for the 2014 Silverado (KX2)

The part number for the KX2 mirrors is

AM-2638896776

• 2 weeks later...

I'd highly recommend not doing this lol ?. What a PITA! I took the mounts (or base) from a NNBS (2007.5-2013) and ground the large nubs off. After that I used the mirror part from a KX2 (2014-2018) and installed it to the base. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to get both mirrors apart. I had to cut all wires on both mirror sets and put the NNBS connecter onto the KX2 mirrors. I personally love the look but not everything is perfect. I tried to capture pictures of things that didn't line up exactly as I wished they would have!

Step 1. Get both types of mirrors

2. Disassemble both mirrors

3. Take retainer ring off both sets of mirrors to allow the base to come free from the mirror assembly.

4. Cut connecters off both mirror sets (leave enough room to reattach NNBS connection to KX2 mirror).

5. Grind inner nubs off NNBS base.

6. Put KX2 wire through NNBS base (don't forget to put retainer ring back on after you rebend the tabs 

7. Put the PITA retainer ring on to hold base to mirror.

8. Put NNBS connection onto KX2 wiring harness.

9. Put caps back on mirrors (I painted mine white).

10. Install them on the truck (make sure you plug in and test power options first).

IMG_20180722_000448097.jpg

Edited by zamocks

• 2 months later...

Thats exactly how i did mine, but instead of splicing i just unplugged the wires from both mirrors and plugged in the NNBS wires to the 14+ mirrors.

I like the way it looks, i just dont like how straight out it looks, instead of having that curve and nice flow like the stock NNBS mirrors have.

Im still trying to find a way to mount them and have them look more like theyre supposed to be there lol. Mine kinda look funny

• 4 years later...