Tips to Smooth Out The Ride - 2016 GMC Denali 1500

No they do not stiffen the ride. I run about 5 psi in them. Not as stiff as a 5,000lb load lifter bag. I had a 2017 gmc all terrain with those and yes the 5,000 bags def stiffened up the ride on that truck, I ran those at 7-10 psi because they replaced your pump stop. These bags are a lot softer so they give more at low PSI and even at 30-40 pnds Which is what I run them at with my boat it’s still a soft ride.    I would definitely recommend these for people with The magnetic ride control. I’m happy with them!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/22/2018 at 5:02 AM, JohnnyH said:

Yes, sorry... That would have been a good thing to do.. Model # 59209 AIRLIFT

EC524181-740E-412B-9CA2-B15740A4CDDF.thumb.png.70685c0a1f9e03ec31a039d535bb1591.png

those are listed for a 2 wheel drive lowered truck... but they appear to be working on your 4 wd?

4 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

SORRRRRY! Wrong ones, I screen shot the wrong ones!...  They look the same.. MODEL # 59565

A5EEDB5E-9419-4DD6-A4FE-E249A0C7C7AF.png

9AE6F47D-0950-464D-B4E6-1FFE1E1D4CB8.png

I was excited to see this post.  I have been looking for air bags for my Denali and knew that the magneride was going to be an obstacle.  I went straight to the Air Lift website to do a little more research and their website says that their air bags are not compatible with magnaride.  I searched for this part number and it also states that it doesn't fit vehicle equipped with magneride.

5b579adbe5392_airlift.thumb.png.5e11783c874762cc295e7c2d874c560a.png

Did you have to make any modifications to make this kit work? 

Correct.... But it works. I have had it on for about 5 weeks now and have about 400-600 miles pulling my boat which ball park is 7000-7800 lbs.  here’s some more pics I just took. If you look the bag goes on top of the spring so it keeps your sensor air right where it needs to be since you are not lifting t from the axle to the frame. The sensor is attached to the bottom of the leak spring so you are lifting it above it’s mounting spot ...  No modifications at all, direct bolt on!!

E768E5DE-A4B7-439A-AD9F-F5DA4C6C56D0.jpeg

Edited by JohnnyH

11 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Correct.... But it works. I have had it on for about 5 weeks now and have about 400-600 miles pulling my boat which ball park is 7000-7800 lbs.  here’s some more pics I just took. If you look the bag goes on top of the spring so it keeps your sensor air right where it needs to be since you are not lifting t from the axle to the frame. The sensor is attached to the bottom of the leak spring so you are lifting it above it’s mounting spot ...  No modifications at all, direct bolt on!!

Thanks JohhnyH

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 6:18 AM, JohnnyH said:

I am running air bags in my 18 Denali. I found a set from Air Lift ( Ride Control bags) (2,000lb bags) that mounts to the outside of the frame and the top of the leaf spring which does not effect your magnetic ride arm. I pull a 7000 + lb boat all over the place.. Big difference with helping with the sagging in the rear without affecting the ride quality. I also have a 2” leveling kit in the front.....   My old bags from them mounted to the axle and frame which would not work with the Denali, obviously cause of the shocks...

5425C6EC-C8EC-475F-933E-B66835C53DA0.jpeg

I am using my 18 to pull a fifth wheel and was recommended the Sumo coils to level out the sag. I'm thinking for like money the air bags might be the better choice. what is the tongue weight of your boat? do you have the compressor on board?

I haven’t scaled my tongue of the trailer, safe estimate using the 10% I’d say about 580-700lbs depending on how much fuel Is in the boat. 100 gallon, gear yad yada.  I have not added the compressor yet, but will be now that I know the bags work!...

Edited by JohnnyH