2018 L83 5.3 & 6L80 Transmission complete pullout- SOLD

NSSANE02

9 hours ago, starman8tdc said:

Whats the background on this? Was the truck totaled? Did you run a compression test on the motor? 

It was out of a totaled truck. Don't have much more info than that, I buy these motors all the time and don't always get all the details on them. No compression test.

9 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

All this for 4K?  Is this for real?

Yessir. I sell a ton of these but they're not usually this clean. Normally they sell for around $3500

42 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

If your cost is $3500, and you are selling it for $3700, that would mean that you would have to sell 17 units to make up the loss on one bad unit. Seems pretty risky. 

That's what I sell them for on average. My cost varies quite a bit depending on where I get them and how many I buy at a time. I don't make a ton of money from them though, most of what I sell goes to the same 4-5 people who run speed shops and/or flip parts like me. I just enjoy it and it allows me to pretty much always have a motor on hand for project cars, I build cars/trucks for a living so that's pretty handy.

56 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

Ah. That makes sense. Do you advertise on eBay, Amazon, or Car-part.com? 

No, I rarely even post them up anymore because I usually have a buyer lined up before I even get the parts. But when I do post it's just on a few forums and craigslist. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:54 PM, starman8tdc said:

Seems like you could bring in some serious scratch if you work it properly. I'm all about the cash. Why not make money on it? 

Time is money. I make enough on flipping parts to cover my consumables and most of my material every month. But I make $100/hr in my shop and I enjoy doing fabrication a hell of a lot more than posting sale ads.

Edited by txab
  • Like 1