Crew or Double Cab?

40 minutes ago, joshcastle13 said:

Crew cab with standard bed here. Kind of stumbled onto it, didn't realize that was a tough combo to find.

Crew cab was a must for me since I have two little ones, one of them rear facing for a bit. A rear facing car seat won't fit behind seats of anything but Crew cab I believe. Would have to put them in middle I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree.....the confusion I guess comes with 2019's and beyond....because now the short bed is absurdly short and Standard or long becomes 5,8"  wtf.......I remember when Trucks had 8ft beds?  Where are those? LOL

Crew cab is it for me... But both crew cabs I have bought, it was the only one within 300 miles that had the 6.5 ft bed. I needed both the crew cab and the bigger bed. The first one I drove to another state to get it, my current one they did a dealer trade to get.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It was a crew for me.  All dependent on many factors.  Use of truck, kids or family, price, etc.  For me my number one factor was price, but I found getting a crew would have the potential for this truck to last for 10-15, hopefully 20 years with the amount I drive.  Kids and stuff are in the future for me.  So the extra $1500-$2000 was worth it to me for the crew.  I don't use the bed but one or two times a year really.  Just like to have it for when I do need it.

I loved my old 99 Silverado (nbs) with the ext cab and 3rd door, it worked out great when it was my turn to be the DD and had to haul my big ass friends around town.

I went CC (flip up console) short bed this time because of the extra interior space and with the tailgate down, it adds the needed room to fit full sheets of plywood and 8ft lumber.

We've got 2 kids now (1 rear facing) and I couldn't imagine all that in a DC.

5 hours ago, AE1M said:

I am searching for my first Silverado, have zeroed in on LTZ trim

It seems there are very few Crew Cabs around used (looking 2016-17).  Besides a few inches legroom by the photos of getting the Crew Cab which is my first choice, are there any other obvious advantages or disadvantages of one over the other?  Tons of Double Cabs.

Bob

I say it all depends on what you're more likely to haul. Are you more likely to haul lumber and ATVs or family and friends? I have one friend and a big list of house projects so I went with a double cab. No regerts.

4 hours ago, gmckenzie said:

The rear seat in a double is pretty uncomfortable. Seems to be straighter up and down. Crew cab has more of a slope to the rear seat back and is much more comfortable, regardless of legroom.

Yes crew cab has better posture back, the double cab back part is like plywood straight Get the crew!!!

Crew Cab here, the baby's car seat was the deciding factor for us.  Some can fit a car seat in the middle with a double cab, but not us (we are both taller folks).  When I went to the lot to look, I didn't realize how much smaller a double cab was than a crew cab.  Adults cannot sit back there with any level of comfort, unless everyone in there is really short.  It would be fine for two adults and 2 kids out of car seats, though, I would imagine.

I have a CC standard box, I wouldn't have another build, unless it had 2500 or HD in it!

Every crew cab owner that thinks you need a ton of room in the cab obviously never drove a truck 20 years ago... How did people survive! How did they carry children! How did they see at night without led lights! How did they pull anything without 400+ pounds of torque. 

I drive a double cab!

• Like 2

I went back and forth on CC vs DC.  I ended up with the double cab because I don't have a need to haul passengers around very often.  My daughter is 5' 9" and she says riding in the back isn't too bad.  I really wanted the extra bed length vs space for something I won't be carrying too often.  The 6.5 ft standard bed is about what I would consider the minimum for usefulness on a truck.  If you add a tonneau cover with a front canister, that'll reduce some space too (too much for that short bed IMHO).  You can still lay plywood in the 6.5 bed with the tailgate down and it doesn't stick out the back.  Personally, I think the DC looks better than a CC too. 

So, if you need to haul people more than you need bed space, then go with the CC, otherwise I'd recommend the DC.

I have 2 teenagers.  I love my DC.  They don't, but hey, they're young and flexible.  I love the standard bed.  Couldn't imagine getting by with less.  After years of owning my 00 extended cab with 6' 6" bed, I knew a shorter bed wouldn't work for me.  I looked at a cc standard bed and it was nice but a bit difficult in parking lots and tighter roads.  I found a near perfect DC all terrain.