Crew or Double Cab?

My choice is a a crew cab with a standard (6.5') bed.  My last truck was a crew cab with the short bed.  The benefits of the shorter truck were minimal and didn't outweigh the advantages  of the larger cargo area.  The Double Cab is functional but I would only consider one as a cost saving measure.   

We really wanted a Crew Cab but it was all about towing for us, with a 27FB Airstream that GVWR of 7,750 lbs we wanted the 11,200 lbs tow capacity. The only thing we could find was a 2015 Silverado LT Double Cab with the MaxTow Package. But it doesn't have a backup camera and now to get that fixed.

In 2006 I bought a DC (extended cab back then). My son was 5, and it was a good size for us. I used the bed to haul lots of stuff. Fast forward 10 years. I haul less, I’ve acquired some trailers for the toys, my son is now the size of an adult. I bought a CC in 2016. I don’t notice the difference, but when we travel as a family, he sure notices. Within a month of buying it, we made a trip to the east coast, never heard one complaint from him in the back.

Sent from under my truck, send help.

10 hours ago, Saskquatch said:

Every crew cab owner that thinks you need a ton of room in the cab obviously never drove a truck 20 years ago... How did people survive! How did they carry children! How did they see at night without led lights!

when we were kids, the child safety seats and laws were a bit different. I rode in the back of my grandpa's dodge crew cab farm truck with 6 cousins, none of which were bucked in. My mom carried me home from the hospital in her arms. Try that today and see what looks you get. The hospital won't let you out the door with a baby until they see your properly installed rear facing car seat. And that is why I bought a crew cab. And brought my son home in it.

Crew.. my last truck i had the big bed..and small back door... sucked~. it was a ford with the small suicide door.... worst every... i'll take the bigger cab over the longer bed... although i do use my bed allot, and still can fit what i need it in.

19 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

This is my dilemma, Looks like I have to order mine since I want the same set up, CC Standard bed with Max Tow package.  Stinks that I have to wait until late Jan/Feb before I can get one.  Only CC with short beds being made now.

I was looking back in Feb/March and ended up ordering in early March.  When my dealer did a search there were 3 CC SB NHT in the country available at the time, only 1 in the color I wanted and none with all the options I wanted. We contacted the dealer of the black one and they never responded so I said screw it I'll just order.

Are you ordering a T1xx in Jan/Feb??  

3 minutes ago, Kubs said:

I was looking back in Feb/March and ended up ordering in early March.  When my dealer did a search there were 3 CC SB NHT in the country available at the time, only 1 in the color I wanted and none with all the options I wanted. We contacted the dealer of the black one and they never responded so I said screw it I'll just order.

Are you ordering a T1xx in Jan/Feb??  

That is the plan.  Was hoping it would be sooner but looks like a longer wait. 

• Like 1

I specifically wanted a DC because the the STD bed and the choice of CC STD configs just weren't around .

I'm alone in the truck 99.9% of the time so back seat space didn't/doesn't matter to me. The few times I've had folks back there it wasn't bad for the short trips that were taken. My dog has plenty of room back there and he's my most frequent passenger!

If you’re looking for a CC, just keep searching. I bought a DC and the back seats are pretty upright. Not bad if you don’t have people back there or if they’re only there for a short trip.

• Like 1