Crew or Double Cab?

Overall the truck is 1.6" longer with a 3.9" longer wheelbase.

I am not sure if this translates into a longer/ or shorter beds than the current K2

Based on the fact that the trucks are " longer and wider" I can only assume the bed sizes have slightly increased.

Bed interior width has increased 7"

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Loco-diablo said:

I agree. I’ve had suicide doors on a previous truck. Accessing the back sucks in a packed parking lot for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had them too on an '07 Silverado....I was talking strictly about looks, not necessarily practicality. That being said while opening in crowded parking lot is more a PITA w/ the suicide style, when you DO have room to open 'em up fully it's more practical loading up bulky stuff vs. the traditional doors I thought.

Personally - I'd like to see GM offer their version of a "mega cab" like the Ram/Tundra & I'd mate it to a standard length bed. 

I worked w/ a guy that had a megacab, long bed, dually cummins Ram w/ a stick shift - its like buying your own mini Mac truck lol!

I've been a Ext Cab die-hard ever since my first truck in 2002, I''ve had my 01 since 2005 and have been happy with it. I bought a 2015 Double cab last August and while it did ok, the change from suicide doors to normal doors really does hamper getting stuff inside if needed. Ended up trading it in on a 18' CCSB 6.2L, if my son was older or they kept the suicide doors, I could probably stick with the ext cab, I like having the 6.5 bed, but a CC with the 6.5 bed is too much for me. 

Had extended cabs since the 90's. With that said, I "wanted" a crew cab this time around. But the deal I found was for a double cab. I thought to myself, the crews are a few thousand more and this double is a real good price. Plus, I realized I probably had a dozen people max in the back of my trucks for the last 20 years. So double cab it is. A peculiar thing is we have had half of a dozen ppl or more in this one. Maybe I am being too nice in volunteering to drive people.

Crew cabs all the way. With a two year old and planning another next year, double cabs just don’t have enough room. Plus I like the looks of the larger back doors. Dodge’s were the only ones who looked good in an extended cab in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk