Fabtech vs Rough Country, or save for BDS?

I'm looking to do a 6-7 inch suspension lift on my 2015 Silverado LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab. Up to this point I've had my mind set that the BDS 6.5in w/Fox 2.5 is the best for that type of kit, BUT for ~$1,000 less fabtech/dirt logic and rough country/vertex has a similar style offering.

I've always been hesitant to ever consider RC because of the price/stories about rough ride/spacers. 

Never heard a first-hand account of this style of fabtech kit. 

BDS seems legit to me and complies with some safety standards, but I haven't talked to anyone about it either. 

Fabtech and RC making their own coilovers intrigues me but I'm not sure it's worth it to cut up my truck for one of those.

Anybody experienced more than 1? 

Any bad experiences with any of them?

I don't have direct experience with anything other than BDS. I bought it because this quote from their website "If you are the original purchaser of any BDS lift kit and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period." and countless testimonials from 4x4 shops about how awesome they are to deal with. I've heard poor things about RC lifts but who knows? My feeling is if you're spending 35k+ on this truck don't skimp on the suspension to save a little coin.

i've had the 7.5" RC lift in my truck for 2 years now

i think it rides fine and have had no issues with it... now, with that being said, my truck is a total street queen (bahahaha!) and i don't do any off roading with it.

if you are looking at doing some serious off road adventures, i'd definitely lean to a much heavier built kit

3 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I don't have direct experience with anything other than BDS. I bought it because this quote from their website "If you are the original purchaser of any BDS lift kit and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period." and countless testimonials from 4x4 shops about how awesome they are to deal with. I've heard poor things about RC lifts but who knows? My feeling is if you're spending 35k+ on this truck don't skimp on the suspension to save a little coin.

This has been my exact mindset, but I like to keep an open mind. If someone can change my mind, I'm open ears. 

1 hour ago, bc-chris said:

i've had the 7.5" RC lift in my truck for 2 years now

i think it rides fine and have had no issues with it... now, with that being said, my truck is a total street queen (bahahaha!) and i don't do any off roading with it.

if you are looking at doing some serious off road adventures, i'd definitely lean to a much heavier built kit

I'm guessing you dont have the Vertex coilovers? Do you have the N2s? Or spacers?

If you have the N2s, how are they holding up?

1 hour ago, Bushleaguechew said:

If your truck is a pavement queen save your money. If you actually drive off road, and more than the occasional gravel driveway save up for bds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I drive down quite a few fire/forest/mine roads in AZ that are rocky/washboard/deep sand. My rancho quicklift struts have done a decent job so far, but more clearance and comfort is always a plus.

So I’ve been thinking the same. I had my mind dead set on RC cause it’s cheap and plus I could do the install myself. However I bought my truck so I can do truck stuff like going off-road, hauling shit etc. I started to do research and found that some people that lifted there truck had stability track issues and a some other faults popping up. After lifting my truck that is the last thing I want to deal with. So I looked into BDS and they did some testing on those issues along with peace of mind on there hardware. I might not go off roading every day but when I do and if I break anything I know that BDS will replace broken parts no questions asked. That is what is pointing me towards BDS and also I want Fox shox.

9 hours ago, 6.2Chevy said:

I'm guessing you dont have the Vertex coilovers? Do you have the N2s? Or spacers?

If you have the N2s, how are they holding up?

honestly - i don't have a clue (ha! ha!)

i'm pretty sure this is the kit that was put in my truck... 

https://www.americantrucks.com/rough-country-75-suspension-lift-kit-w-shocks-1417-4wd-w-stock-cast-steel-or-aluminum-control-arms.html

like i mentioned in my original post - it's been fine so far and rides great...  well... as great as any truck with 35" mud tires will ride

IMG_6146-1920x1080.thumb.JPG.5258e13745d371c18ba250806f9995fb.JPG

8 minutes ago, bc-chris said:

honestly - i don't have a clue (ha! ha!)

i'm pretty sure this is the kit that was put in my truck... 

https://www.americantrucks.com/rough-country-75-suspension-lift-kit-w-shocks-1417-4wd-w-stock-cast-steel-or-aluminum-control-arms.html

like i mentioned in my original post - it's been fine so far and rides great...  well... as great as any truck with 35" mud tires will ride

IMG_6146-1920x1080.thumb.JPG.5258e13745d371c18ba250806f9995fb.JPG

That is a strut spacer kit. They have a newer kit that utilizes "Vertex" adjustable coilovers with remote reservoirs and reservoir shocks in the rear too. It's supposed to a world of difference, but I haven't been able to find anyone that had actually used them or reviewed them yet.

I'm looking to do a 6-7 inch suspension lift on my 2015 Silverado LTZ 4x4 Crew Cab. Up to this point I've had my mind set that the BDS 6.5in w/Fox 2.5 is the best for that type of kit, BUT for ~$1,000 less fabtech/dirt logic and rough country/vertex has a similar style offering.

I've always been hesitant to ever consider RC because of the price/stories about rough ride/spacers. 

Never heard a first-hand account of this style of fabtech kit. 

BDS seems legit to me and complies with some safety standards, but I haven't talked to anyone about it either. 

Fabtech and RC making their own coilovers intrigues me but I'm not sure it's worth it to cut up my truck for one of those.

Anybody experienced more than 1? 
Any bad experiences with any of them?

I have RC 6” with Fox Coilovers.

Let’s me just say I wish I had gone with BDS 6” with Fox long shocks.

I regret it every day and my wife said no on taking loss. I have to live with my RC lift.

There’s my two cents. It’s cheap lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I can only comment on the Fabtech. I run 6in with dirt logics on my 2015. Have had no issues at all. Spend 75% of the time off pavement and deal with deep water, mud, fallen trees, and rough offroad. I was wondering how it would hold up in -50 degree weather and still no issues.

• Thanks 1

Have you looked into Zone lift? Bds makes them. I purchased their 6.5 and did Bilstein adjustable front with the extended travel rears. Also, added the rear add leaf spring kit and Cognito UCA. Rides better than stock. I do about 50/50 on and Offroad with no issues.

• Like 1