Deal of the century?

So riddle me this if you will, and I doubt that this will workout, honestly, but I can dream.  

So I purchased my 2017 2WD LT V6 Crew from the same dealership last year for $27,800 on a 72 month loan.  My payments is $418/month.  It is in perfect condition with 2300 miles on it at this time.  KBB and Edmonds value the trade in right around $27,100.  I'm just going to assume this is high.  So I'm gonna guess they'll offer me $25,000 for it.

Here would be the numbers:

New Vehicle Price: $26,387

Trade In: $25,000

Owed on Trade In: $23,637.57

Tax: 6.25%

Interest Rate: 3.29%

Loan Term: 60 Months

Monthly Payment:  $454.46

Would it be worth an extra $36 a month and two fewer months on my loan for theoretically the same exact truck, except for a V8 instead of a V6, 4WD instead of 2WD and a Z71 package.  Plus an extra year on my warranties since this is a 2018.

In a dream world, could I get the dealership to offer me $26,000 for my current truck and get the payment to $435.

What do you guys think of all this?  I think it's probably impossible, but I still e-mailed my sales rep at Holiday Auto to inquire.

Edited by joejoe11

When I traded in my Colorado in May, they wanted to give me 21k. A day later they texted me back and I told them I had a private sale for the Colorado for 27k. An hour later they offered me 26k for my trade in. An hour after that I was there signing the contract for my 2017 5.3 double cab with 180 miles for 32k out the door after my trade, tax, tag and title. Play the game and you'll probably get a better trade in offer, don't be afraid to leave if you can't afford what they offer the first time.

Edited by jaxcam02

Probably discounted after all available incentives plus student discount, first responder discount, military discount, teacher discount. Around here that is how all the vehicles are advertised. I'd like to see a student that turned teacher, joined the military, then became a first responder all within 2 years.

That is ridiculous. The photos show 3 miles on the odometer. I can't believe it's real. Maybe that truck sat on the lot and they used it for a loaner since the photos were taken. I'd ask what the current miles are on it, and that might reveal the truth.

I took my baby in for an inspection before my warranty ran out and they loaned me a brand new 2018 with 10 miles on it. My wife said they were trying to entice me into a new truck. But the 2018 was exactly like mine for all intents and purposes, so no point in upgrading.

Either way, heck of a price.

7 hours ago, joejoe11 said:

So riddle me this if you will, and I doubt that this will workout, honestly, but I can dream.  

So I purchased my 2017 2WD LT V6 Crew from the same dealership last year for $27,800 on a 72 month loan.  My payments is $418/month.  It is in perfect condition with 2300 miles on it at this time.  KBB and Edmonds value the trade in right around $27,100.  I'm just going to assume this is high.  So I'm gonna guess they'll offer me $25,000 for it.

Here would be the numbers:

New Vehicle Price: $26,387

Trade In: $25,000

Owed on Trade In: $23,637.57

Tax: 6.25%

Interest Rate: 3.29%

Loan Term: 60 Months

Monthly Payment:  $454.46

Would it be worth an extra $36 a month and two fewer months on my loan for theoretically the same exact truck, except for a V8 instead of a V6, 4WD instead of 2WD and a Z71 package.  Plus an extra year on my warranties since this is a 2018.

In a dream world, could I get the dealership to offer me $26,000 for my current truck and get the payment to $435.

What do you guys think of all this?  I think it's probably impossible, but I still e-mailed my sales rep at Holiday Auto to inquire.

In a perfect world, yes. However, you will get nowhere close to $25k for your trade in. They will probably offer you $20k.

i dont know.. . my stepfather and myself both purchased 2016 AT's back in july 2016... i have 40k on mine, he's rolled 74k.. . he went back to the dealer and basically swapped for a new 2018... no down payment, and same payment... he's in a 2018 SLT z71 .. fully loaded.... .. granted , the slt he got has more options than mine, with all the lane assist crap, an other things... but i love my AT... and will keep it till the wheels fall off.... .. man seems like they are giving these trucks away!!!... .. i think they gave him 30k for his trade....really.. 2016 with 74k..... 30k!... 

2 minutes ago, Crstfr said:

i dont know.. . my stepfather and myself both purchased 2016 AT's back in july 2016... i have 40k on mine, he's rolled 74k.. . he went back to the dealer and basically swapped for a new 2018... no down payment, and same payment... he's in a 2018 SLT z71 .. fully loaded.... .. granted , the slt he got has more options than mine, with all the lane assist crap, an other things... but i love my AT... and will keep it till the wheels fall off.... .. man seems like they are giving these trucks away!!!... .. i think they gave him 30k for his trade....really.. 2016 with 74k..... 30k!... 

Mmmm payment shoppers... a stealership's wet dream. Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1