Normal? LOL

Has 8 new lifters and newer number vacuum pump. I have purchased a new high pressure fuel pump and will replace myself. Dealers (GMC of Murfreesboro and Wilson GMC) says its normal. Hope it fixes it...

1 hour ago, 2014KL said:

That's not normal. My 14 6.2 doesn't sound like that.  Hopefully the pump will fix it. Are you thinking it's a fuel knock?

It is coming from the drivers side back of the engine. I am hopeful it is just a high pressure pump that is extra noisy. Won't know until it's replaced. Just received it today. Will replace it this weekend. Will post another video after replacement.

high pressure pump.jpeg

5 hours ago, 6.2_GMC_DEN said:

Normal? LOL

Has 8 new lifters and newer number vacuum pump. I have purchased a new high pressure fuel pump and will replace myself. Dealers (GMC of Murfreesboro and Wilson GMC) says its normal. Hope it fixes it...

This one you need to check too?

A rattle or ticking sound may be heard coming from the back of the left valve cover on some 2014-2017 Corvette, Silverado, Sierra; 2015-2017 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade; 2016-2017 CTS-V, and Camaro models equipped with the following engines: 6.2L (RPO LT4, LT1, L86); 5.3L (RPO L83); or 4.3L (RPO LV3) It may sound similar to a lifter ticking and may be louder inside the vehicle.

Listen to the fuel line connection at the left side of the engine. The fuel feed line between the high pressure fuel pump and chassis fuel line may be allowing high pressure pulsation back to the low side of the fuel system. If the sound is heard, the line will need to be replaced. On some trucks and SUVs, a vibration also may be observed in the fuel line at the fuel tank.

18 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

This one you need to check too?

A rattle or ticking sound may be heard coming from the back of the left valve cover on some 2014-2017 Corvette, Silverado, Sierra; 2015-2017 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade; 2016-2017 CTS-V, and Camaro models equipped with the following engines: 6.2L (RPO LT4, LT1, L86); 5.3L (RPO L83); or 4.3L (RPO LV3) It may sound similar to a lifter ticking and may be louder inside the vehicle.

Listen to the fuel line connection at the left side of the engine. The fuel feed line between the high pressure fuel pump and chassis fuel line may be allowing high pressure pulsation back to the low side of the fuel system. If the sound is heard, the line will need to be replaced. On some trucks and SUVs, a vibration also may be observed in the fuel line at the fuel tank.

That was done back in 2015...

Well if you had taken it to Beaman downtown Nashville you would be able to post a copy of their work order marked in bold letters "Operating as Designed" None of these guys are going to do an in depth investigation you are taking the right approach diagnose it yourself!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dnt said:

Well if you had taken it to Beaman downtown Nashville you would be able to post a copy of their work order marked in bold letters "Operating as Designed" None of these guys are going to do an in depth investigation you are taking the right approach diagnose it yourself!   

Yea its pretty bad. Unfortunately all the Dealers want is your money. Techs won't spend much time tracking down your issues under warranty. 

I have a 2015 Denali 6.2 and it has always seemed to have a lifter "tick" and it is noticeable on the DS. But, I also had a 2015 Corvette, with the 6.2 and it always seemed to have a lifter sounding  "tick"  -but I was told that it is the high pressure fuel nozzles and the new style lifters and that even though they have acoustical materials under the plastic plenum, the sound gets through.

I thought that it was maybe BS, but I traded the Corvette in on a Z06, which has the aluminum blower on top and I don't hear the "tick".

Not saying it's right for the regular 6.2, just my personal observation.