To Lift or Not to Lift - please help

Had a beautiful 2016 Silverado LT that I crashed (top in pic).  Now with a 2017 LT (bottom of pic).  The 2017 is Leveled with and as in the pic below.  I'm not quite done with it yet, and now I have the damn lift bug again.  Initially I did not want to  lift this one because I LOVE how they drive when they are NOT lifted.  I would only do a 4" if I did anything more.  

So a couple of things that have me leaning back over to doing a 4" lift again.

1.  I REALLY like the wheels I had on the '16 and would like to have them again (I realize I don't have to lift it for this, but I'm thinking why not just do it all at once [eye roll])

2.  I would prefer a wider tire than what's on there and this can't be done without that lift due to clearance issues

3.  To me, the 4" lift gives it more of an aggressive stance and I like that.

My questions:  Have there been any advances in the 4" lift since 2016 to where the ride is not affected as much?  If so? What kit would be the best for this??

Would upgraded Struts and shocks help as well? 

Thank you all again!

IMG_6835.jpg

Edited by MRob
added pic

14-18’s are the same. If you want the best ride possible go with full Coilovers

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox

22x10 American Force Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

1 hour ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

14-18’s are the same. If you want the best ride possible go with full Coilovers

I had thought coilovers were more for performance and less comfort. Will coilovers help soften the ride?

2 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I had thought coilovers were more for performance and less comfort. Will coilovers help soften the ride?

If theyre adjustable then yes.  Single or double adjustabke

Ughhh...  the more I look at it I kinda think those stock wheels look more rugged and strong!  I DO think I need the lift for the look I want though.   Thoughts on the wheels???

I am researching coilovers now....

Edited by MRob

34 minutes ago, MRob said:

Ughhh...  the more I look at it I kinda think those stock wheels look more rugged and strong!  I DO think I need the lift for the look I want though.   Thoughts on the wheels???

I am researching coilovers now....

I'm personally a fan of the snowflake standard rims and about nothing else to be honest (factory spec wheels that is).

Edit: please share any info you learn about coilovers.

Edited by Penguin VII

They’ll have a better ride than stock shocks guaranteed

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

Yea, the more I look at it the more the stock wheels just look tougher to me.  More "beefy" I think.   

I will start with the lift.  I'm going to just have to do it.  I'm convinced that for me that's what's throwing everything off.  It looks all tough, but then it is just sitting too low for my taste.   I'll do a lift with some Bilsteins and see how it comes out.  I want the ride to be near the same.   

Ok guys... so what lift would you recommend to keep the best ride and/or the ride I have unaffected???  

What lift kit?  or system?  or Coilovers?  what would you recommend to keep a good smooth ride?

I was thinking a good lift kit and then do bilstiens all the way around??

I don't want to go more than a 4" lift...  Thanks!!!

I contacted BDS yesterday because of this post and they responded with "with your truck having struts on the front, coilovers aren't going to give you much of a ride quality change." I was told they are mostly for performance offroad and less on road comfort. I'll have to do more research but since I told them I was looking to upgrade for added comfort on road I don't know why they wouldn't want to try and sell me on it.

"To lift or not to lift" suggests there is room to discuss the advantages of not lifting your truck.  Keeping your truck stock will ensure that you maintain the ride quality you desire.  You will save a lot of money and your truck will be easier for you and your passengers to enter and exit.  Your fuel costs won't increase from a loss in mpg and resale value will not go down.  I appreciate the look and brawn of a lifted truck and would probably own one if money wasn't a concern and I owned a second vehicle to transport my less agile friends/relatives!

49 minutes ago, Donstar said:

"To lift or not to lift" suggests there is room to discuss the advantages of not lifting your truck.  Keeping your truck stock will ensure that you maintain the ride quality you desire.  You will save a lot of money and your truck will be easier for you and your passengers to enter and exit.  Your fuel costs won't increase from a loss in mpg and resale value will not go down.  I appreciate the look and brawn of a lifted truck and would probably own one if money wasn't a concern and I owned a second vehicle to transport my less agile friends/relatives!

It's your money.

:)