Dash Cams

ron mexico75

2 minutes ago, Brummie99 said:

Hmmm... 83MPH... That's why I decided against the GPS logger. Don't want the evidence.

I also considered the rear camera but wanted the UHD. Seeing your video, the UHD isn't a huge improvement but I would be able to read the license plates.

Even without a GPS logger, it's super easy for speed to be determined on a camera by determining distance traveled from point A to point B. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Robopie said:

Even without a GPS logger, it's super easy for speed to be determined on a camera by determining distance traveled from point A to point B. 

Agreed. But it's even easier when it's right there in the video.

Hmmm... 83MPH... That's why I decided against the GPS logger. Don't want the evidence.

I also considered the rear camera but wanted the UHD. Seeing your video, the UHD isn't a huge improvement but I would be able to read the license plates.

That’s my concern too. I want CLEAR plates. Waaaaay too many hit and runs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately reading reviews, especially on Amazon, leads you to believe a product is Amazing or complete trash.  Hard to tell if something is actually good sometimes.  I've been using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CODX8ZY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for just over 2 years now.  I think there is a newer version out now.Works well enough for me, even though I'm looking to get a newer one for better night capabilities.  Unfortunately not a lot of dash cams are amazing at night recording which is what probably 90% of my driving is.  You can also check out https://dashcamtalk.com/ or reddit for more information on dashcams.  I also want a camera that can handle larger than 64GB micro sdhc cards too, which mine can't.  Still using the stock 32GB it came with though so either I got super lucky or it's one super long lasting card.

General consensus seems to be if you live in a place with extreme temperatures a dash cam that uses a capacitor instead of a battery is the better option.  Mine has a battery and at this point if I unplug it instantly turns off.  Haven't had any other battery related problems though, even after parts of the camera getting hot enough to probably burn me.