2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.8L V8 4 Door Ext Cab Key question

Hey guys I need your help I have a 2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.8L V8 and I went to the dealer to get a key cut to my VIN for the key code I get home and try it on the ignition and doors and it doesn't work any reason why here is my VIN and RPO Code from my glove box if any one can reply or send me a PM of what is my key code to confirm with the dealer? Thank-You

20180712_094734[1].jpg

2 hours ago, porra said:

Bump anyone with info to help?

take the gmc ,with key to the dealership , might be a bad key cut . or a Locksmith.  did any one change locks ??

i got the key code from the dealer printed out if i bring that to a locksmith to rule out the dealer cut it wrong with the key code would a locks-smith be able too? or can anyone pm me they key code to compare with what key code the dealer printed off for my VIN?

If they used your VIN then it should be correct. Maybe check with another Dealer and see if the code for your VIN matches. Could just get the new key cut from your original key and let it go. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Good luck.

Yes I will try a locks-smith / other dealer just to confirm if the key code has been changed from my vin, its all because my ignition is sticking and dealer said to try a new key cut to code before buying the whole cylinder with keys the part number they gave me for that would be15799769 https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-15799769-Ignition-Lock-Cylinder/dp/B00GU9YQEG

Guys I have an update went to a automotive locksmith and he confirmed that my vin and key code are right for my vin and he looked at my current key and can tell its a totally different key code which is why the key cut to vin doesnt work at all, my question how is this possible if even the airbag on and off switch works with my current key and the spare tire lock on the bumper so bottom line is someone went to great lengths to change all locks to match my current GMC key so if i want to go to what my vin says i have to change everything or just let it go like one guy said in the thread and just get a new key coded copied to what i have now, ive owned this since April 2003 so looks like prior to me owning it some monkey business went on and now key code to vin isnt so, when the time comes where I cant turn the ignition lock cylinder not sure what to do best would be to go back key code i think would make sense any thoughts and input from you guys is helpful