Help with 06 Sierra 6.0 liter gas, Getting a P0430 code on my "Ancel AD410" code reader

Help with 06 Sierra 6.0 liter gas,  Getting a P0430 code on my "Ancel AD410" code reader, and No OBD2 scanner reading for short term fuel trim bank2/2 just _ _ _

I tested before Cat and after Cat temps on bank 2 with only a +30 degree f. diff at second O2 sensor.

Where or what do I check to find the problem with the "short term fuel trim bank2/2" and is that why I get the P0430 code?

All ready replaced wires & plugs, had a P0101 code too so I cleaned the MAF , Fixed an exhaust leak where I had 2 broken bolts, installed new air filter, finally that code is gone.(hope it doesn't come back)only76,000 mi on engine

Now the only issue seems to be-

When reading the "data stream" on the code reader the SHRTFT22 (short term fuel trim bank2/2) has no reading? just 3 dashes.

No OBD2 scanner reading for short term fuel trim bank2/2 just _ _ _

Where should I be looking to find the problem? Fuel injectors? o2 sensor downstream on bank 2? Onboard Computer? Catalytic Converter?

Buy a Ford? 

Edited by TP109
adding more details

The upstream o2 sensors are the only ones that will affect fuel trims. The downstream ones only monitor the catalytic converter. If you're having a fuel trim issue across a whole bank, it's either an upstream o2 sensor or intake manifold gaskets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Raptordude said:

The upstream o2 sensors are the only ones that will affect fuel trims. The downstream ones only monitor the catalytic converter. If you're having a fuel trim issue across a whole bank, it's either an upstream o2 sensor or intake manifold gaskets

? are the o2 sensors the only things I can access, or are the Fuel Trims something I can access?

I'm guessing the fuel trims are accessed only through the computer.

I have the live data stream, What I.m asking is (for no other way to put it) If the up stream o2 sensors control fuel trim, then if there is a poor reading for that then the only fix is to replace the o2 sensor? The SHRTF22 reading is:_ _ _ I'm not sure what that means, It might just be that it is working at it's best? or has no reading?

My CODE is P0430 code  stating:  Catalytic below efficientcy threshold on bank 2, Thought it might be caused by something besides the CAT?

Too many things to check-out before paying for CAT replacement.

• 1 month later...

The upstream o2 sensors send info to the PCM so it knows how to adjust how much fuel goes in and the downstream ones are only used to monitor the cat. You could try to replace the downstream one, but the cat could be clogged. These cats generally don’t fail unless the truck has been running with a severe misfire for a good amount of time

• 2 months later...