Want to go E85 on my 16 Sierra CC 4x4 6.2L

Who all has put on a E85 kit on their 2014-18 6.2l crew cab truck?

I am not here to discuss the merits, the cost, the pro's/con's of E85. I had it on my 2017 Camaro SS before I put a Procharger on it. I am looking for who has done it, what kit did you use and or who did you order it from? I searched for some threads on here but there are not that many it seems. I already have HP Tuners and the truck is already unlocked, the E85 tables are already in it. Just need the kit so I can turn on the sensor in the tune and reap the rewards from it.

Thanks in advance... Todd

1 hour ago, TJay74 said:

I am not here to discuss the merits, the cost, the pro's/con's of E85. I had it on my 2017 Camaro SS before I put a Procharger on it. I am looking for who has done it, what kit did you use and or who did you order it from? I searched for some threads on here but there are not that many it seems. I already have HP Tuners and the truck is already unlocked, the E85 tables are already in it. Just need the kit so I can turn on the sensor in the tune and reap the rewards from it.

Could you use the same kit you got for your SS on your truck or is that only for the Camaro and not universal for the 6.2? I got the OEM 5.3 kit for my truck.

https://www.montmotorsports.com/dsx-flex-fuel-kit-2016-v3-cts-v/

https://www.montmotorsports.com/contact-us/

They don't have the kits on their website but call them and they sell the flex fuel kits for the 2014+ 6.2 trucks. They are 299.99.

Edited by Gorske

1 hour ago, Gorske said:

Could you use the same kit you got for your SS on your truck or is that only for the Camaro and not universal for the 6.2? I got the OEM 5.3 kit for my truck.

No, you cant use the Corvette/Camaro LT1 kit on the trucks. The cars have the flex fuel sensor on the intake and the trucks is under it.

4 hours ago, TJay74 said:

Like mentioned above,  CJTunes seems like a good place to order from. He had a nice write up on here too.

Please follow up on this forum when you do make the swap.   I am very interested in  this but want to hear from others.  Anyway I'm still waiting for warranty to run out. 

I used the stock flex fuel sensor and fuel lines.  Parts are about $150 and took a couple hrs to install.  The install requires replacing the fuel line basically from the tank to the rail.  You will also need to update the tune to turn on the flex fuel sensor. 

Below are the pns for the install on my 2016 6.2 with an 8 spd.  The 6 spd trans has a different pn for one of the fuel lines due to how it mounts on the 6 spd trans (23171532 in place of 23171537).

Sensor            13577429                                           

Sensor Clip     20967866

fuel line           23171537

fuel line           23171538

fuel line           20967834

fuel line           23158923

• Like 1

Thanks peeps, got ahold of Carl and ordered his kit and he is going to adjust my tune for the E85 since I have HP Tuners already for my truck. The E85 along with the new Katech ported throttle body I ordered should give me a nice 30-40 hp bump at the wheels. Now if I can get the wife to pay attention and only put E85 in the truck when she gets gas.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TJay74 said:

Thanks peeps, got ahold of Carl and ordered his kit and he is going to adjust my tune for the E85 since I have HP Tuners already for my truck. The E85 along with the new Katech ported throttle body I ordered should give me a nice 30-40 hp bump at the wheels. Now if I can get the wife to pay attention and only put E85 in the truck when she gets gas.

Let her know that the E85 is the least expensive fuel at the pump.  At least here it is.  $2.16 for E85 and $2.75 for regular or $3.16 for premium.