Last good z71

My 2007 classic crew cab short bed did suffer from pretty bad frame beaming on rough roads. It sure did drive nice though. 

My 2017 drives like a car, handles great and climbs mountains like a champ. The 8 speed is clunky and wierd sometimes but when you get it going it hauls butt. I love everything about my 17’ except for the 20” wheels. 

On 7/18/2018 at 6:51 PM, Jchoi said:

I read these threads, and I get a little apprehensive. This is my first GM truck after buying multiple Honda’s, and I love it so far.  Gosh, I just hope I don’t have all the issues people report having. I really do enjoy my 18 cc. 

Remember people come to the internet to complain and or resolve issues. There are millions of these trucks on the road. Hopefully buying late or last model year has us in the clear!

• Like 1

I had an 06 Sierra extended cab short box (5’ 10”) with SLE2 package and Z71 that I bought brand new at the time- drove for 6 years. It also had rear drum brakes.. I loved it because it was unique and had a great option set. That would have made a great lifted mud truck with the short wheel base. Now I gotta look for a picture...

I do really like my '17 but..

If I could buy another brand new '03 Z71 I'd be all over it. That generation of GM trucks was just great. Good looking, great interiors, and just solid all around trucks.

• Like 1