Do you like your job/career

Colossus

I'd LOVE my job if I could work on nothing but 1972 and BACK model years! That thing is a beauty! :thumbs:

Modern stuff gets my blood pressure boiling. NOTHING is built with a tech in mind, nor for longevity today ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

I'd LOVE my job if I could work on nothing but 1972 and BACK model years! That thing is a beauty! :thumbs:

Modern stuff gets my blood pressure boiling. NOTHING is built with a tech in mind, nor for longevity today ...

That’s for sure true I love working on things where you can see and get to every thing And the good thing about working on older stuff his most the time You’re not in a time crunch to get it done you can relax and take your time

Edited by maxcam05
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They haven't come up with a word yet to describe the fury of hatred I have for nursing. I thought it would be bearable in school, and it was to begin with. But all these damn women are either your best buddy or your sworn enemy. There's no in between. And it varies from day to day. Hell, even hour to hour at times. If you don't sugarcoat stuff they cry like a baby who lost her dolly and go bitch to the manager. My manager is cool, she seems to understand some of the bull doody, but it is still infuriating. Then there's the patients who come to the hospital, but will argue black is white with you, and then go directly against what the doctors are ordering. Some nights I'm not sure who I want to strangle more, my patients or my coworkers. Then they ask "Is something wrong?" when I keep to myself. 

:mad:  :shakehead:   :sick:   :banghead:   :nopity:  :nonod:  :tear:

:rant:

Sorry to go off. I do have a job that pays quite well for the work involved, I can fund my expensive hobbies and OCD tendencies, I have a roof over my head, and for a majority of the week, I get to hang out in my house by myself. It's just baffling and infuriating some of the nonsense I encounter. 

Definitely going back to school. I will happily be part of the majority of new nurses that exit the field by year 5. 

• Thanks 1

If you think that's bad, you ought to try driving a recycling truck for a major metropolitan contract in MA .

I swear, MA cities are human science experiments from the late 1800's that got out of hand, escaped, and reproduced ... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

They haven't come up with a word yet to describe the fury of hatred I have for nursing. I thought it would be bearable in school, and it was to begin with. But all these damn women are either your best buddy or your sworn enemy. There's no in between. And it varies from day to day. Hell, even hour to hour at times. If you don't sugarcoat stuff they cry like a baby who lost her dolly and go bitch to the manager. My manager is cool, she seems to understand some of the bull doody, but it is still infuriating. Then there's the patients who come to the hospital, but will argue black is white with you, and then go directly against what the doctors are ordering. Some nights I'm not sure who I want to strangle more, my patients or my coworkers. Then they ask "Is something wrong?" when I keep to myself. 

:mad:  :shakehead:   :sick:   :banghead:   :nopity:  :nonod:  :tear:

:rant:

Sorry to go off. I do have a job that pays quite well for the work involved, I can fund my expensive hobbies and OCD tendencies, I have a roof over my head, and for a majority of the week, I get to hang out in my house by myself. It's just baffling and infuriating some of the nonsense I encounter. 

Definitely going back to school. I will happily be part of the majority of new nurses that exit the field by year 5. 

With some of the health issues i was blessed with since birth, I've been a guest at many a hospital in my lifetime.  I try my best to always be the easiest patient for the nurses to deal with, they seem to appreciate that.  I have tons of respect for what you folks have to do.  My dear sweet old widowed mother was a nurse, she is now dying from cancer and gets to have nurses and other staff help her out.  I am very grateful to all of you. 

• Like 3

Thank you Colossus. Patients like you make it more tolerable, because you guys understand the crap we go through. Problem is, you're in the minority. 

I will say nightshift helps considerably. No management, no family members (for the most part), and no noise. And when I get my work done I can tool around on here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy my job and have yet to have a day where I press Snooze several times trying to avoid going in.

Some of the individuals I work with are questionable though :lol:

There is never a dull moment Engineering and Programming Laser Engraving Machines for the Tool & Die/Auto/Aeronautical Industry :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am now retired.  I liked my career path but happier in retirement.  (except for the getting old stuff!)  Keep in mind when switching between jobs/careers to keep your eventual  retirement in sight.  I remember not giving much thought to ageing out of work in the early years of my career.  However, ready or not, age catches up to most. I have a secure retirement but the toys and frills budget was overspent in my younger years!

• Like 2

I enjoyed my last job a bit more but I traveled a lot for a huge environmental company hauling hazardous waste across the country. I took a local job driving for a masonry company to be home every night with the family it pays the bills lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1