In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Scooter Scott

Largest tire with stock 20 inch wheels

52 minutes ago, Scooter Scott said:

@28fiend do you have anymore pictures?

I’ll go out here in a bit and take some

A few more.

ABA9C947-3E48-4906-8CDA-388117050EA2.jpeg

353C31E8-85FC-4C14-BA10-DF7E3FD2F8EC.jpeg

0C3CC6EF-6F31-462B-8292-5C2EADB9012D.jpeg

Edited by 28fiend
  • Thanks 1

A few more.

ABA9C947-3E48-4906-8CDA-388117050EA2.thumb.jpeg.3f336973ef7bb26d0224503cf4e3909b.jpeg

353C31E8-85FC-4C14-BA10-DF7E3FD2F8EC.thumb.jpeg.0a05c21673daf5b69903b16e9396731b.jpeg

0C3CC6EF-6F31-462B-8292-5C2EADB9012D.thumb.jpeg.8aa9f863e34c7f29423d9555f814b3a1.jpeg

Would you mind taking a tape measure to those tires. I’m curious what the actual diameter is when on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hair shy of 34, like 33.8/.9ish front and rear. Compressed obviously

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 3:11 PM, 28fiend said:

A few more.

ABA9C947-3E48-4906-8CDA-388117050EA2.jpeg

353C31E8-85FC-4C14-BA10-DF7E3FD2F8EC.jpeg

0C3CC6EF-6F31-462B-8292-5C2EADB9012D.jpeg

Hi all! 1st post in these forums. Saw these photos because I was looking around the forum for some tire recommendations for stock 275 55/R20's. I just bought a '18 Sierra All-Terrain after turning in my '15 All-Terrain (lease). I put some GoodYear All Terrain Adventures on the '15 last year after getting rid of those crappy SR-A's and it made world of difference driving in the snow and rain here in the Pittsburgh area. Now Im back to the SR-A's on the new truck so I thought I would start a new tire shopping adventure. Those BFG's on your truck are exactly what me and my truck strive for!  We now have tire envy.  ;)

Along with your level and lift, did you have to recalibrate your speedometer at the dealership? Forgive my ignorance, but I usually keep things stock on my vehicle so Im not in the know for these things. I may have branch out with my new Sierra just so I can get a meatier tire on those stock 20's.

Edited by Cupton

1 hour ago, Cupton said:

Hi all! 1st post in these forums. Saw these photos because I was looking around the forum for some tire recommendations for stock 275 55/R20's. I just bought a '19 Sierra All-Terrain after turning in my '15 All-Terrain (lease). I put some GoodYear All Terrain Adventures on the '15 last year after getting rid of those crappy SR-A's and it made world of difference driving in the snow and rain here in the Pittsburgh area. Now Im back to the SR-A's on the new truck so I thought I would start a new tire shopping adventure. Those BFG's on your truck are exactly what me and my truck strive for!  We now have tire envy.  ;)

Along with your level and lift, did you have to recalibrate your speedometer at the dealership? Forgive my ignorance, but I usually keep things stock on my vehicle so Im not in the know for these things. I may have branch out with my new Sierra just so I can get a meatier tire on those stock 20's.

I haven’t recalibrated the speedo, it’s only 5 mph off. I always play with my vehicles, so I came into this one “I’m going to leave it stock/reliable and just enjoy it.” Just over a year later and I couldn’t resist.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, 28fiend said:

Hair shy of 34, like 33.8/.9ish front and rear. Compressed obviously

Where is the rubbing at?

With the wheels cranked, the edge of the felt wheel liner in the corner, it’s mild. I read guys either zip tie them back, or cut some out with a razor blade. It’s only like the bottom inch or two where it hangs down, I haven’t even done cause it doesn’t bother me, only notice it cranking around in a mall parking lot or grocery store.

Mine rubbed slightly on the liner so I pulled them back a little with zip ties.  it also rubs slightly on the frame,sway bar, and upper control arm, at full lock.  Not enough to do anything though, and I have done all kinds of driving in this from towing a trailer to off roading in rock, sand, etc.

Thank you everyone that has posted so far.  I'm keeping my eyes open for some used tires to come on the market or a great sale at DTD.  Impressed to see the 295/60/20 tires...there was a set of STT Pros on craigslist for $500 that I missed out on :(

I ran a 305/55r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler on my factory wheels with a 2"leveling kit, and they rubbed on the sway bar while turning.  If I could do it again, I would have ordered 285/60r20 or 295/55r20, so that it wouldn't have rubbed at all.  Anything bigger will probably rub if you do any type of articulation while turning, such as going up a steep driveway.

Edited by pewterliftedz

Found some 275/65r20 BFG KO2s for $600 already on some wheels for a F150. Going to swap them to mine and sell the wheels. Hopefully they fit!

On 8/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, Scooter Scott said:

Found some 275/65r20 BFG KO2s for $600 already on some wheels for a F150. Going to swap them to mine and sell the wheels. Hopefully they fit!

Those will clear no problem, my dad runs those with a 2" leveling kit.  No rub at all