Chrome LTZ grill to Z71 grille swap

Just wondered If anyone has swapped there Chrome LTZ grille for the painted z71 grille without doing a bumper swap also. I'm trying to decide the best way to get rid of some of the chrome on the front of a new LTZ.

The other thought was to go to a painted bumper and leave the chrome grill like the High Country. Obviously the grille swap would be easiest and cheapest. If any one has it would be nice to see some examples.

e8147927b512da5e1ed2725bf79b2a10.jpg6f79ba50da85a371ee0adb3b0e4c4592.jpg

Here is my ‘15. I added the body color grill right away. And then later on I painted the headlight bezels white to match. Love the look, but with the chrome headlight bezels, it just didn’t look right.
Next I will vinyl wrap my bumpers white to finish the monotone look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sdog4127 said:

e8147927b512da5e1ed2725bf79b2a10.jpg6f79ba50da85a371ee0adb3b0e4c4592.jpg

Here is my ‘15. I added the body color grill right away. And then later on I painted the headlight bezels white to match. Love the look, but with the chrome headlight bezels, it just didn’t look right.
Next I will vinyl wrap my bumpers white to finish the monotone look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does look really good on the '15 front end. Have you any idea what they charge to vinyl wrap the front bumper?

The chrome hooks, look classy on the white. I think you might consider blacking out your mustache, it would compliment the lens surrounds on your headlights and fogs. When you color match the bumper, it will help to make it pop. I bet if you carried it into a “wrap”shop, the tech would have some black that is similar to the surrounds to cover it.

i also blacked out the pillars between the side windows, it cost me ten bucks a side and made the windows look more complete. - just a thought.

I think your truck is very nice.

8 hours ago, MegaCode360 said:

I think the best chrome/painted mixed front end is the current high country.  The chrome grill doesn't look bad at all with the painted bumper.

Yes, I think your right about that. I considered just wrapping the front bumper and leaving the chrome grille. Although the Z71 grill would be the cheapest and easiest route. I just don't know if it would look as good as the '14-'15 front does like above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 12:14 PM, sdoyle21 said:

I added a high country grill to my 2015 LT.  Traded it in last week and now looking for a 2018 high country grill.  600+ on eBay though. Ouch.

644E977B-0A25-4010-8C5A-C5ECE16A1924.jpeg

How much were you able to get the HC grille for and where from?

• Like 1