Ford Now Offers 3.5-liter EcoBoost Raptor Engine In F-150 Limited

Gorehamj

On 8/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, KARNUT said:

I don’t drink the cool-aid. I did enjoy my 14 GMC when I had it. Saying Fords are junk is laughable, you don’t stay number 1 without repeat buyers. Without repeat buyers you don’t stay number 1. You can still get a V8 in a Ford, and no tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the V-8?

I doubt we'll see many of those, Limited's start at about $65,000.  I wonder if all the Ford fans, will be complaining about not being able to get that motor in a lesser model? If Ford does offer that motor in lesser levels in the future, I'd be a Ford fan.  With just a tune from Shelby that motor is putting out 525 hp and 610 lb-ft of torque. 

I doubt we'll see many of those, Limited's start at about $65,000.  I wonder if all the Ford fans, will be complaining about not being able to get that motor in a lesser model? If Ford does offer that motor in lesser levels in the future, I'd be a Ford fan.  With just a tune from Shelby that motor is putting out 525 hp and 610 lb-ft of torque. 

I’ve seen 5.0s in work trucks. Unless something recently changed the 5.0 was available across the board.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Tell ya how much I follow ford?  Is that a Mustang engine carried over for Truck duty...Or is it purposely built as "Truck Duty"
"

Tell ya how much I follow ford?  Is that a Mustang engine carried over for Truck duty...Or is it purposely built as "Truck Duty"
"

Same, in a quick check with car and driver mid 5s 0-60 14 in the 1/4. If it’s still offered in a single cab work truck it’ll be a quick cheap ride.

41 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve seen 5.0s in work trucks. Unless something recently changed the 5.0 was available across the board.

A rcsb 2wd truck with the 5.0 would be a fun truck.  You can also buy trucks and Mustangs with the 5.0 supercharged with a roush supercharger from the dealership with a warranty.  They are putting out 700 hp. 

Edited by SILVER SLED

A rcsb 2wd truck with the 5.0 would be a fun truck.  You can also buy trucks and Mustangs with the 5.0 supercharged with a roush supercharger from the dealership with a warranty.  They are putting out 700 hp. 

My local dealer has them

A place around here has had a few of the Shelby Raptors.  It'd be nice to get just the tune and not the whole 2 spare tire in bed and other add on stuff that the Shelby comes with.  They also have 700hp Shelby Super Snake trucks, some lowered with ground effects some lifted.   

I’d rather build my own. In 99 I bought a f-150 sport. Every thing was color match. I added a Vortec s/c, posi, it had a stick that’s why I bought it. I was going to do the same thing with my 14 Texas Edition. The cylinder deactivation thing kept me from going that way and I had a pristine 92 that was already done.

11 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

"

Not the same. Different intake and cams. Not sure on other parts. You realize that the 5.3 isn't all that far removed from the 6.2 in the Camaro and Corvette right? Or maybe those two have truck engines. :lol: 

• Like 1

No thanks... No interest in a V6 truck regardless of the amount of turbos they slap on there... Plus what's the sense of all the power in a truck made of beer can material, especially the bed... Can't do much work with a Ford... I guess they can tow but, how can they control all that weight when the truck is so light?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MikeNH said:

Not the same. Different intake and cams. Not sure on other parts. You realize that the 5.3 isn't all that far removed from the 6.2 in the Camaro and Corvette right? Or maybe those two have truck engines. :lol: 

You like me it seems?  You realize the LS and subsequent LT iterations are designed and built 1st for "Truck Duty" with the added feature of Size,weight etc. for use in other Rear wheel rear drive applications?  Something I am not quite sure FERD has ever done? Or even remotely succeeded in?  Please advise....... and Yes, they are Truck engines in the Camaro and Vette!

Edited by mookdoc6

14 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

No thanks... No interest in a V6 truck regardless of the amount of turbos they slap on there... Plus what's the sense of all the power in a truck made of beer can material, especially the bed... Can't do much work with a Ford... I guess they can tow but, how can they control all that weight when the truck is so light?

It all adds up to looking Cool but not really hammering the hard nose construction jobs day to day...year to year?  Just ain't happening!