Ford Now Offers 3.5-liter EcoBoost Raptor Engine In F-150 Limited

Gorehamj

How about putting it in the Expedition and Navigator? These 2 vehicles always need more power and would most certainly move me away from a 6.2 Denali. The 5.4 Ford led me away.  The 2 SUV's already have the 10 speed and are built in the same plant.
I believe this engine is already in the new Expedition if what I read was true. Although I still can't get past having a V6 as a hot engine option. Maybe some day I'll except it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not the same. Different intake and cams. Not sure on other parts. You realize that the 5.3 isn't all that far removed from the 6.2 in the Camaro and Corvette right? Or maybe those two have truck engines. [emoji1] 

The 5.7 in the ss impala had less hp than the z28 in 94, it’s still the same engine. It’s a given that the 5.0 would be tuned different for the truck versus the mustang it’s still a 5.0. I remember not to long ago you could get an aluminum block 5.3 or iron block it’s still a 5.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KARNUT,

I understand there are few differences between a 5.3L and a 6.2L; for the most part. I am no expert by any means on engines. The output from each engine is significantly different and that is the most important part to me as well. The old 5.4 engine in my  Ford Expy was a dog, I would stand on the pedal to move the 5,000+ pounds of truck and watch Yugo's pass me. Even self shifting it did not help but it did get it to empty the fuel tank faster. The 5.3 Tahoe I rented before buying my Denali was only marginally better. The extra cash for the Denali was money well spent to get the 6.2L IMHO. Now the same 6.2 is available in a Chevy Tahoe, what gives GMC? Why pay for "Professional Grade" when it's available in a Chevy now? Given it is a "special" package" option but we know that's the slippery slope for it to be common place to see it in the future now in all large Chevy's.