5afdcb3a29a2a_2018-05-1711_15_56.jpg.f3abc258f2469266879de9e2746b4aca[1].jpg

Zane Merva
Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

7/30/18

Right on cue, our 2019 Silverado has been loaded onto the factory computers and will be built at some point in the next few days.  If you've been following our adventure of being one of the first to take delivery of a new 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ then you've seen us go through each step of the process. 

First we ordered.  Then we got our order number.  THEN we found out when our order would be produced. Today we have confirmation that our Silverado has reached event code 3400, which means that our options have been loaded onto the plant's computer. Our optioned out sleek blue beauty will soon go from our imagination to real life sheet metal. 

The next step is Event Code is 3800, which will indicate that not only has our 2019 been built but also has a VIN assigned. Shortly after that is 4000 and 4200 which will mean our Silverado is ready to be shipped and then on its way. 

Thanks to Chevrolet Chat for giving us the skinny on our order. Stay tuned for more updates as they come in. 

Zane where are the 19 built????

Thanks  GH

I doubt Ft. Wayne, probably Mexico where my 2018 was assembled.:(

3 hours ago, dhondo said:

I doubt Ft. Wayne, probably Mexico where my 2018 was assembled.:(

It’s literally just a shame that GM builds their bread and butter trucks in Mexico while Ford builds it in the heartland of America. Hell even the Tundra and Titan are built all in America. I’m sure the Trucks built in Mexico are to spec, but I’m convinced die hard truck buyers are more confident in buying an American made vehicle. 

16 hours ago, fishlessam said:

Built in OSHAWA?

15 hours ago, goose hunter said:

Zane where are the 19 built????

Thanks  GH

I believe it depends on the cab.  Crews in Mexico and everything else at Fort Wayne. 

1 hour ago, Zane said:

I believe it depends on the cab.  Crews in Mexico and everything else at Fort Wayne. 

Not sure about the 2019 but Fort Wayne was building 2018 crew cabs I test drove one that was built there. Unless demand drops I would think they would carry this over to the 2019's as well.

So far the 2019's I've seen VIN numbers for (new body crew) start with a "1" and the plant digit is a "Z" so Ft. Wayne. 

Silao is still handling K2 crew production, with the last DOSP cycle 9/27/18.  Silao K2 production doesn't end until 12/8/2018 that I've been able to find, so there will be more 2018 crew cabs coming still. 

Chevy Chat says:

The event code is 3400 and it looks like it will be produced in either Mexico or Flint. I am unable to verify at this time because it states that crew cabs are produced in Mexico but yours is a short crew. It is not clear if that is the same. So, your selling dealer can provide you more information about which plant it specifically is being built at. We won't be able to see until it is produced and the information is tied to the VIN.

my 06 crew was built in Canada eh

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Zane said:

Chevy Chat says:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/744165404/overview/

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/744497110/overview/

Couple test subjects above.  11th digit of the VIN is a Z, Ft. Wayne.  I can confirm based on the builds of both as FWI - Ft.Wayne, IN T&B plant RPO on both builds.  First truck was built 7/17, second truck 7/13. 

wow,check this out!  our local dealer says they have 4 new 2019 Silverados on stock.   checked it out and they are the 2019 LD model that looks just like the 2018s!!    go figure,seems silly to get one of those and just wait for the new style 2019s.    they have at least 40 of the 2018s on the lot right now.  lol

How would I be able to follow my truck being built?

thanks

Within the Rochester, NY area, there is only one or two dealers that have a truck at 4300 that I know of.  Most everyone is 3000-3800.  Of the 5 we have ordered for stock, one is 3400, one is 3100 the other 3 are 3000.  We checked a wider scan last week within 1500 miles, nobody was at 5000.  Some 4300s though. 

Edited by newdude