Chevrolet Corvette – Least Driven, Longest Owned Passenger Car In America - Tell Us Why

Gorehamj

Last one I saw on a lot was well over $100k ...

In Texas you can a vette starting at 52K. In a few months the 18s will be discounted like any left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, wow - didn't know they were that low (relatively speaking).  Thought they were $100k and up.

My buddy was telling me of one he saw on the lot at $107k. I cringe at the thought of the sales and excise taxes on that one.:noway:

40 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

Oh, wow - didn't know they were that low (relatively speaking).  Thought they were $100k and up.

My buddy was telling me of one he saw on the lot at $107k. I cringe at the thought of the sales and excise taxes on that one.:noway:

Vette prices range from $55k for a base and up to $120k for a ZR1.

Ahh, gotcha. That explains it.

Only time I'm ever at a dealer is to pick up parts ... and that's a rarity these days. I usually end up in showrooms when one of my buddies wants to stop and look. I never bother browsing the showroom, since I have no desire to own anything there.

Owned a 2008 Velocity Yellow C6 coupe for 8.5 years.  Purchased it new and got a heck of a price from a Houston area dealership,  50K MSRP ended up at 42.5 +TTL with no trade and 0% for 60 months.  Ended up selling it with 43,000 miles and received 26.5K for it.  Car was in fantastic shape and still had remaining extended warranty.  New owner was very pleased as he had been looking for a while but others had high mileage, odometer discrepancies, wrecked, or just plain abused.  Didn't drive it much anymore and in the final year of ownership only put 1,700 miles on it.

A new 911 is waaaayyyy higher priced than a regular Corvette.  Start at low/mid 90s and with few options easily blow past the 100K mark.   Different type of car personality wise than a Vette but I would love to own one.  Only thing is it would be pre-owned where as I can possibly swing a new Corvette.

I own a 90 Corvette have since  '98. Bought it with 49000 miles currently has 60k so I drove it about 11000 miles in 20 years, mostly because it's stored... don't drive it in snow or rain and the roads here in MI are so bad it's not pleasant to drive most times.

I also think some people believe they may be collectible or are worth more in the long run which I know my model year doesn't fall into that category, But I've always wanted one since I was in my early twenties reading Motor trend magazines and the 0 to 60 /quarter mile times for all the vehicles.

Screenshot_2016-07-27-04-58-41.png

• Like 1