Knock on crank up?

2014 sierra 6.2 got an exhaust, cai, and tune, first time today its happened.. cranked up the truck after sitting for 10 hours and it started to turn over then a pretty clear knock hit then the engine turned over, truck ran fine on the way home and no codes. Am i the only one this has happened to?

Is this a reoccurring issue, or did a bird drop a cherry pit on your roof? 

If it only happened once, then I would not worry about it. 

Once time I went to start my rig, and the motor locked up SOLID. I thought I had blown the crank, or maybe I was hydro-locked. After about 2 minutes of CLANK CLANK CLANK of the starter, it finally turned over. It sounded terrible, but smoothed out and has ran great ever since. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, starman8tdc said:

Modifying your truck usually voids all warranties. 

Not ALL, but often things associated with that part.  As an example if you tune your motor it won't void your warranty for your radio.

3 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Not ALL, but often things associated with that part.  As an example if you tune your motor it won't void your warranty for your radio.

Are you  sure? The BCM and ECM, TCM are all interconnected? 

You can find information about it under the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.  I have voided my share of warranties over the years but always take my lumps as I don't expect GM to pay for my "play".

I have swapped cams, stall converters, headers, etc.  Never had an issue covering other things on the truck.

Here is some info:

The saving grace for consumers is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage.

• Like 1

So many people on forums like to say any mods automatically void all warranties. I too have modded vehicles and not had any issues with non-related warranty items. My 2016 truck has a tune amongst other things and my dealership is aware of it. Service manager told me GM doesn't even have them check for anything like that unless there is a catastrophic failure. Then GM doesn't look for an aftermarket tune, they look to see if the engine/transmission was operating within normal parameters at the time of the failure.

Side note... Love the hood on your SS Rich! I miss my 08.

48 minutes ago, AZ_SS said:

Side note... Love the hood on your SS Rich! I miss my 08.

Thanks. Thats "Scotts" Center Cross Customs carbon fiber hood.  Have always liked them but finally sprung for one a couple years ago.