Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

18 minutes ago, woodyfriedt said:

Dokus said if I paid to ship it to him, he would update and he would pay to ship it back, otherwise he would accept a return for refund.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that's your only option. He has the cheapest HMI's. Its kind of horseshit that he's making you pay return shipping for his mistake but in all honesty a flat rate small USPS box isn't very expensive (all the more reason for him to eat the cost of HIS mistake). 

I guess just live and learn? Good luck. 

On 8/14/2018 at 7:04 PM, th3magpi3 said:

Yes and Yes. You can tell which one is the HMI because the exploded image shows a circle which represents the little fan at the top of the face of the HMI. 

And like I said, it doesn't have to be that exact part number. And it's because most of the people selling at are just selling them from wrecks that they don't specify a VIN reprogram.

Most all replacement parts require VIN programming to work, especially radio components. GM has had a "Theftlock" feature for their radios since the 90's. TIS2WEB and similar scanner tools can be used to unlock the radio modules. 

My seller specifically said to make sure my part number matches exactly with the one I bought (84278527). 

Here's another seller stating it may have to be reprogrammed.

image.thumb.png.8a8ab836740d2b5d106340665388ccd5.png

But like I said, a subscription to tis2web with a programmer or a trip to the dealership should take care of you. 

I will have my radio hopefully tomorrow and will update everyone on my experience. Stay tuned. 

I’m kinda stuck on the theft lock thing on my module been researching this for days now. The dealership wouldn’t clear it for me. So I’m trying the tis2web thing

5 hours ago, rusty503 said:

I think I may have the solution to the no audio issue. It seems that Apple CarPlay has THREE volumes. One for Siri, one for Navigation and the other for music or maybe that was Phone. Let's start with Siri. Do something to make Siri reply to you. Try to make it something that will make her talk for awhile. WHILE she is talking, turn up the volume on the radio. It must be exactly when she is talking. If you don't get it just right, you will be changing the radio volume, not Siri. Another suggestion is to adjust the volume controls on your phone. In navigation try the same thing. I have also read that there is a setting in Apple Maps for audio. The settings if I remember are: No Volume, low, medium and loud. Someone else solved their issue by resetting the phone while connected to Carplay.

All this applies to Android Auto too.

The problems I have been reading in this thread are issues across the board with many other brands. It is issues with Carplay and Android Auto. NOT isolated to our trucks.

Do a web search about this and you will find pretty much the same. I used Siri no volume Carplay as my search terms. I don't have time right now to expound on this right now. Gotta run.

Have you upgraded the HMI in a 2014/15 K2xx and this worked?

This would be the solution for a vehicle that came stock with CP/AA. But we are attempting to upgrade older vehicles in an unconventional way and the rules no longer apply.

This works for my truck if using Bluetooth, USB (no CP), or on the old HMI. You can even see that the volume indicator is red rather than blue when making this adjustment. I wish this was the case with a swapped HMI, but while using CP/AA, it is not. It was one of the first things I attempted to do to fix the issue immediately after installing the new HMI.

36 minutes ago, Jan Balt said:

I’m kinda stuck on the theft lock thing on my module been researching this for days now. The dealership wouldn’t clear it for me. So I’m trying the tis2web thing

Look though this thread and contact Chris White about programming it to your VIN. 

Look though this thread and contact Chris White about programming it to your VIN. 
Or if you can wait a week or two I'll be offering the same service for a fraction of the price. If you need it ASAP I'd go with WAMS

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Like Roscopcoletrain, I haven't purchased anything yet for this, but wish I had a way of helping to figure this out.
I'll be able to give you guys the exact part numbers to get or might even offer a complete package at an extremely discounted price. Like I said. Give me about 2 weeks. I'm just waiting for some final bits of hardware to come in and shipping isn't exactly lightning fast internationally.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

I'll be able to give you guys the exact part numbers to get or might even offer a complete package at an extremely discounted price. Like I said. Give me about 2 weeks. I'm just waiting for some final bits of hardware to come in and shipping isn't exactly lightning fast internationally.

No rush!  I've survived this long without it.  I appreciate all the work you (and the others) are doing!

• Like 1

You must be getting the same setup I saw that cost 1000 euros!
Not buying a setup. As far as I know there isn't a pre-fabbed setup for doing this. But building a programming bench yourself can easily clear $3000-$4000. There are a lot of parts involved and many are high priced!

3 minutes ago, woodyfriedt said:

So I'm shipping my HMI back to dokus to get updated. There really aren't any better deals out there, even with a second shipping charge. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You're exactly right. Nobody comes close to his price. 

I noticed on that YouTube video the guy had the shop icon and I didn’t. Makes me wonder if the HMI would’ve been updated that Siri would’ve work after getting my radio updated. It did for the OP of the video. 

From what I found out about this...the shop icon came out in I believe 2018. If you opt for or get the shop icon, you have to buy the Pandora app. Prior to that, it was standard and free.