Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

18 minutes ago, Draphty said:

From what I found out about this...the shop icon came out in I believe 2018. If you opt for or get the shop icon, you have to buy the Pandora app. Prior to that, it was standard and free.

The HMI I got from Dokus was from a 18. 

• Like 1

So how is shipping going to be to get our module(s) to Canada and back? I had an e-mail out to Chris and haven't heard a peep yet.
Most things I buy from eBay cost between $12 and $15 to ship to me.

I don't see it costing much more to return. I have a corporate shipping account so I'll get the best discount available.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, th3magpi3 said:

I don't see it costing much more to return. I have a corporate shipping account so I'll get the best discount available.

are we there yet? 

14 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

are we there yet? 

Not yet, Scott. I'll keep you posted. Shop should be fully set up with verified tested units within 2 weeks time. (I understand, it feels like an eternity). 

Any updates in regards to successful programs will be posted here. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

Not yet, Scott. I'll keep you posted. Shop should be fully set up with verified tested units within 2 weeks time. (I understand, it feels like an eternity). 

Any updates in regards to successful programs will be posted here. 

I was just making a kid joke, being on a long car ride ?

Edited by Roscopcoletrain

Just now, Roscopcoletrain said:

I was just making a kid joke, being on a long car wife ?

I know lol. I'm also incredibly impatient and waiting for all of these parts to come in legitimately feels like an eternity. 

I want this to be working in my truck so badly. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Or if you can wait a week or two I'll be offering the same service for a fraction of the price. If you need it ASAP I'd go with WAMS

You sir are my hero, impatiently but patiently waiting 

• Like 3

So I’ve been following this thread closely.

Recently I took my truck (2015 Silverado)to get my transmission checked out I thought it wasn’t smooth.Turns out there was a update and they charged me $130. With that simple update it runs way smoother.

so after some digging I decided purchase an VCXNano and paid The $40 subscription.

Updated the radio myself instead of paying the Dealer more of my money ..Now Siri works perfectly .

And I’m able to make calls receive them and text just fine .

I. Got the HMI 2.5 from Dokus

Bought the USB Port

and Updated Radio.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Crsortiz1 said:

So I’ve been following this thread closely.

Recently I took my truck (2015 Silverado)to get my transmission checked out I thought it wasn’t smooth.Turns out there was a update and they charged me $130. With that simple update it runs way smoother.

so after some digging I decided purchase an VCXNano and paid The $40 subscription.

Updated the radio myself instead of paying the Dealer more of my money ..Now Siri works perfectly .

And I’m able to make calls receive them and text just fine .

I. Got the HMI 2.5 from Dokus

Bought the USB Port

and Updated Radio.

Hell yeah! Congrats on doing it yourself. 

Now, would you mind doing us a favor? I need to try and figure out what build date the radios start working with the update and don't require a full replacement. 

If you could let me know your part number and build date of the radio I would appreciate it. Thanks! 

P.S. - Do you know what exactly they updated on your tranny? My 2-1 downshift sucks. Feel free to PM me.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:12 AM, th3magpi3 said:

On the other hand I love that a fellow Canadian is doing this and shipping will be a breeze! :) 

• Like 2