Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

4 minutes ago, risk235 said:

Same here. Skip, previous, and volume buttons work on CarPlay. Also if I try to hold the talk button to activate Siri it tells me that no bluetooth phone is connected. 

Does the touch screen work in motion on Carplay?  The reason I ask, I converted my daughters Mazda Cx5 to carplay( cheap compared to our trucks) and Mazda has touchscreen disabled in motion

2 minutes ago, thomascw said:

Does the touch screen work in motion on Carplay?  The reason I ask, I converted my daughters Mazda Cx5 to carplay( cheap compared to our trucks) and Mazda has touchscreen disabled in motion

Yeah it works in motion. When I’m driving my daughter likes to change stations on Slacker radio. Then she’ll put it back on Google maps for me. I’m in the process of trying to get a radio module so I can send it to @th3magpi3

So, a per my understanding, that's a feature that is pre-baked into Carplay and Android Auto. I haven't had much testing with Carplay, other than it works and it's paddle volume control and cluster audio display work as well. Send me a PM with a typical scenario of when it locks up and I'll verify if it does it with this upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

For those of you using an inferior operating system iPhone, you have almost all features available.

Siri, texting, song selection, volume paddles, cluster display, steering wheel song switching all work. 

Android Auto will safety lock in a music app if you are making too many reqs in the app while in motion. 

I'm unsure about iPhone. 

PM me with questions! Cheers all. 

• Haha 2

When using Google Maps navigation, does the screen in the instrument cluster display turn info, etc like it does with factory IO6 nav? Does it show call info, etc also for Android Auto? The volume paddle issue is a bummer for me, waiting to see what work around there might be. 

Hi all, I've been lurking and learning for a while here and am about ready to pull the trigger to get my '15 2500HD LTZ to have ACP. I did my due diligence by pulling apart the dash and glovebox to figure out exactly what I have. Could someone please help confirm the parts and actions I need to take before I spend money unnecessarily? @th3magpi3 If you're up and running to the point I can have you re-code an HMI 2.5 for my truck I'll gladly pay you for your services based on the amount of effort you've put in to this.

I discovered I have the following:

HMI 2.0 

5bb17da353775_HMI2.0.thumb.jpg.c9faf7deacbbd5961f78e25f1da5345e.jpg

IO4/5/6&U2K:

IO4-5-6-U2K.thumb.jpg.d660db66290088bb298e5a6d1dcc077e.jpg

radio module:

other.thumb.jpg.805e51420b8633fb151e5527f4d6b2f9.jpg

If I read everyone's notes correctly, I need the super-expensive version of the HMI 2.5 (if I want to keep all my factory functionality), the HMI 2.5 coded to my radio module and/or IO6 module, and the 13519224 USB module for the center console? (that's question #1)

Since I need the HMI 2.5 for IO6, the available sources are eBay (dokus) or White Automotive & Media Services (on vacation until today, 10/1/2018), or Digital Dash Solutions, or MVI? (question #2)

Assuming I get an HMI 2.5 coded to my VIN and put the correct USB module in the center console I should be good to go; 10-15 min of work, right? (final one, question #3)

I don’t recall if I, or anyone else, mentioned it but I lost the ability to pause/rewind live radio when I upgraded to the 2.5 module.

Not sure if that matters to many but I was bummed to lose that function.

2015 Denali I would like to add AA but want to keep factory nav for resale purposes.  Also my wife just purchased a Highlander because of Toyotas nav system and their next exit list on the highway.  I would like to have the AA/ACP function but with an Nav app like Toyota's.  Any ideas?

I don’t recall if I, or anyone else, mentioned it but I lost the ability to pause/rewind live radio when I upgraded to the 2.5 module.

Who gave you the new radio and do you recall if it was a U2K radio?

The selling feature of HD radio is the quality combined with the pause and rewind.

I'll double check in the morning on my truck as I do have a U2M as my own radio and I recall the pause feature on my old 2.0 HMI but it very well may be absent from the 2.5.

2015 Denali I would like to add AA but want to keep factory nav for resale purposes.  Also my wife just purchased a Highlander because of Toyotas nav system and their next exit list on the highway.  I would like to have the AA/ACP function but with an Nav app like Toyota's.  Any ideas?

Only suggestion would be to use a different NAV app on ACP (like Waze).

The factory GM NAV is completely independent from ACP or AA.

On 9/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, thomascw said:

See if the stereo you installed has a parking brake wire.  Sometimes, you can defeat those systems if you can make the stereo think the parking brake is set (car is parked).  The signal that wire needs varies, so you'd need to see if it needed to be grounded, or see 12V+ to 'activate' it.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:20 PM, Ryno12 said:

That is correct:

The 2.0 has pause/rewind but does not have HD but cannot handle Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.

The 2.5 has HD but does not have pause/rewind but can be updated to include AA/CarPlay.

Who gave you the new radio and do you recall if it was a U2K radio?

The selling feature of HD radio is the quality combined with the pause and rewind.

I'll double check in the morning on my truck as I do have a U2M as my own radio and I recall the pause feature on my old 2.0 HMI but it very well may be absent from the 2.5.

I purchased the upgrade from MVI.

That is correct:

The 2.0 has pause/rewind but does not have HD but cannot handle Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
The 2.5 has HD but does not have pause/rewind but can be updated to include AA/CarPlay.

My old 2.0 module has HD radio also.