Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

6 minutes ago, t76turbo said:

Do you only pimp your services on this forum or do you ever actually answer questions people have where the answers could help others???

Questions get answered all day via email. It's not really conducive to anyone having multiple page discussions with one person in a thread hence why we direct everyone to email/website as it has most of the common stuff on it and we dont have to keep track of the 40+ forums for vehicles we support at the same time. 

Just giving an update..Parts are slowly trickling in from eBay, just got the USB port in today. Also my truck is in the body shop. Just some large scratches and some dents only on the drivers door. Went to get something out my truck and noticed someone hit/scraped it on the day after thanksgiving. 

Got my truck back today. Door looks way better. I’m happy with it. So I got my HMI in today. I decided to install the update USB port since I was cleaning out my cup holders. Install was fairly easy. But function is weird. I plug in my phone (iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12.1) and it starts charging but it will play some music and then stop. And then play some other song then stop and repeat. Plays about 2-3 seconds of a song.  I still have the old HMI (2.0) and original radio module in. Still waiting on parts to come in, the flash. 

Is this something wrong with the USB port or is this due to it being updgraded and and the other modules aren’t. 

This is nuts. I just sent an email to WAMS. All I want is Apple Car play and the video playback. Is there something more I should want? I don't need navigation but maybe I am missing something.....

Just replied (check your spam if you don’t see it). In your instance it’s very easy though which is nice :) We are currently closed due to a family emergency until Monday but will do my best to reply when I have time.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

Just replied (check your spam if you don’t see it). In your instance it’s very easy though which is nice :) We are currently closed due to a family emergency until Monday but will do my best to reply when I have time.

Thanks Chris I received your message.

• Like 1

Ok guys, tons of info here, but looking for info to do my I05 HMI 2.5 upgrade to obtain CarPlay.

I have a 2015 without the “AVP” 2015.5 RPO.

I currently have the text to voice feature, and can hear Siri through my Bluetooth when I give “Hey Siri” commands.

Do I have to replace the radio module in my truck, or just the HMI?

Can a used 2.5 HMI be reprogrammed to my VIN by a dealer?

Will CarPlay work through the upper glovebox USB? I have a ProClip mount and plug my phone in at that location. I will not be using the console USB for my phone connection.

1 minute ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

2018 Silverado 8” oem Radio Screen with 2.5 HMI, radio and cd module included.
Asking price $600.00 shipped.
PayPal ready.
Located in Dallas,Tx.
27d79eb027c29921709074543c7f8056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you off programming or were these just take outs? IO5 or IO6?

I forgot to mention please check with whiteautoandmedia.com for compatibility and pricing on programming. They’ve done outstanding programming for my 15 Silverado.
-HMI and CarPlay upgrade
-memory seat module programming
-OEM front sensor module programming upgrade
-Denali cluster programming.
-HUD (heads up display)capability programming.
-HMI full unlock
b3218f0f107cb15f4a9c274c925f2982.jpg

1 hour ago, MNorby said:

Do you off programming or were these just take outs? IO5 or IO6?

WAMS (www.whiteautoandmedia.com) has done all of my programming for the various mods seen in my YouTube videos.

21 hours ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

I forgot to mention please check with whiteautoandmedia.com for compatibility and pricing on programming. They’ve done outstanding programming for my 15 Silverado.
-HMI and CarPlay upgrade
-memory seat module programming
-OEM front sensor module programming upgrade
-Denali cluster programming.
-HUD (heads up display)capability programming.
-HMI full unlock
b3218f0f107cb15f4a9c274c925f2982.jpg

Do you have to buy additional hardware for HUD display?

Depending on the year, HMI module, radio module and Denali cluster that you may have. Please contact@gtpprix at whiteautoandmedia.com for parts/modules compatibly. My setup was completely custom but WAMS made it posible without loosing any steering wheel functions.[emoji1303]